JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) is the technology infrastructure organization for the firm, delivering a wide range of products and services, and partnering with all lines of business to provide high quality service delivery, exceptional project execution and financially disciplined approaches and processes in the most cost effective manner. The objective of Global Technology Infrastructure is to balance both business alignment and the centralized delivery of core products and services. Global Technology Infrastructure is designed to address the unique infrastructure needs of specific lines of business and the demand to leverage economies of scale across the firm.
GTI Service Operations (SO) is responsible for service support and delivery for JPMorgan Chase's (JPMC) Global Technology Infrastructure. Through its Global Service Desk and Infrastructure Operations Centers, Service Operations provides global, coordinated diagnostic and support services, while it’s Production Assurance and Support functions leverage and execute industry leading infrastructure management and support processes that are designed to minimize customer outages and impacts.
The Digital Reliability Operations (DRO) Engineer is responsible for the operation of the infrastructure supporting the Digital Channel across the Development, UAT, Performance, Digital Reliability, and Production environments (24 x7).
Additional Responsibilities include:
Working closely with the Digital Application Development and Application Support teams in all regions to ensure high standards of support are maintained and reliability goals achieved
Drive standards and improvement through automation focusing of efficiency, reduction of risk
Ensuring high availability and sustained resiliency through configuration management
Participate in design reviews, specific to tailored solutions, in order to meet a client requests in the production estate
Frequently anticipates problems and analyzes ways to mitigate the risk
Document small-to medium-scale projects and delivers presentations with minimal supervision
Dissects complex situations and refocuses on critical technology tasks
Effectively and efficiently troubleshoot issues with Windows OS and Hardware related to ensure the highest availability and the lowest mean time to restore
Spearheads complex programs that span multiple inter-organizational units and interfaces with more experienced management
- 5+ years experience and a high level of proficiency in Windows Operating systems ranging from Windows 2003 to Windows 2012 (preferable in financial services)
- Experience with production support of highly available applications
- Focus on customers, ownership, operations and the ability to deliver results
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have a high degree of technical expertise/professional mastery to recommend process improvements
- Familiarity with SAN, TCP/IP, DNS , VMware, Blade Technology, Hyper V is highly desirable
- Familiarity with PowerShell and VB Scripting
- Familiarity with tools like and are not limited to: IIS, SCOM, SCCM, Symantec End Point Protection (Formerly Symantec Anti Virus) Domain Administration, Domain/Local Group Policy administration, Symantec Enterprise Security Manager
- Familiarity with ITSM (Change Management Process)
- Familiarity with work on Hardware Monitoring and vendor engagement for hardware failures mainly with HP Server technologies
- Experience in project work, incident management and resolution, change management, patching, release support are a plus
- Knowledge of system performance monitoring and operational capacity management
- Must be available to be in an on-call rotation "ranging from Windows 2003 to Windows 2012 (preferable in financial services)