The Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) Project Management Group provide project management services to clients with qualified project management professionals that lead GTI programs and projects using Standard Project Management execution practices, tools and templates.
As a GTI Project Manager, you will be responsible for for the management of complex technology related programs and projects including LOB Technology demand, end user, network, distributed, mainframe, cyber security and real estate build out related services and technologies. These projects support the growth and operational stability of the JPMC business in addition to delivering enhanced technology and cost reductions into the operating environment. This is a senior role involved in the different stages of the success of a project including: the funding, planning, scheduling, implementation and tracking process
You will be driving the delivery of projects in the portfolio across all services working closely with multiple GTI & LOB technology teams while interfacing with senior managers and stakeholders in the organization. Strong leadership, excellent oral and written communications and the ability to remain calm and perform under pressure are a must have.
- Managing complex medium to large projects across multiple locations and GTI services.
- Ensuring projects delivered on time, on budget, and to the agreed scope
- Develop, obtain approval and track business case financials though out the duration of the project
- Identify risk mitigation strategies. Detect and manage issues through to resolution. Escalate project risk and issues to executive stakeholders in a timely manner
- Define and clarify project objectives, requirements and goals. Develop scope and deliverables. Build timelines and set project milestones
- Identify project benefits and establish project success criteria
- Define, secure and coordinate resource requirements for the design, planning and implementation of the project
- Regular weekly project status reporting in accordance with PMO standards and compliance with GTI PMO Project Delivery Performance Metrics (Weekly reports, Financials, Actual vs budgets, etc.)
- Chair and facilitate steering committee meetings with senior executives and stakeholders
- Supervise the project working group team and manage communications to all project stakeholders
- Establishing and maintaining working relationships with senior technology management, business management, program sponsors, vendors, and business clients
- Identify and raise awareness of opportunities for improvement in project management practice, project specific delivery and or areas outside of project management to increase efficiencies in the organization and supports a culture of continuous improvements
- Ensure Business Resilience, IT Risk, compliance and cyber security are raised and considered for all projects managed
- Adherence at all times to JPMC company standards, procedures and policies
- Draws on experience and judgment to achieve all of the above responsibilities
- Preferably seven years experience working within an IT project environment with at least three years project management experience with a proven record of ownership, accountability and evidence of driving the successful delivery of complex technology based projects on time and within budget
- Proven experience in managing projects through all phases of the life cycle and solid working knowledge of an industry recognized Project Management methodology from initiation to go-live and project closure
- Solid knowledge and experience of industry standard project management tools for financial and project reporting. (i.e. Clarity, Beeline, etc.)
- Knowledge of technologies, systems, drivers and trends in global investment banking environments backed by a solid understanding of the banking industry fundamentals.
- Knowledge and understanding of banking regulatory, compliance, risk and security aspects
- Knowledge and experience using project management software such as Clarity, Microsoft Project, Excel, SharePoint, and Visio
- Ability to develop reporting ,and use tracking tools (.xls, SharePoint, .ppt ,etc) to help manage and report metrics to project stakeholders
- Able to build and motivate a cohesive and effective matrixed team regardless of physical location and cultural background of team members. Able to build partnerships with senior leaders and Project stakeholders
- Able to demonstrate team leadership skills with an proven ability to communicate effectively with clients, vendors, management and project staff at all levels
- Ability to listen, analyze, influence, negotiate and use judgment to solve complex issues in order to accomplish project goals
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related area, or equivalent professional experience preferably in the financial services industry
- PMP, Prince 2, SixSigma certification would be advantageous
- Strong technical acumen
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.