The Global Network Operations Center Core Network group is responsible for the operational support of the JPMC network/voice infrastructure. The GNOC Core Manager will lead a team of highly technical network engineers in developing and maturing the Core Network support service. The role is a high touch position that requires extensive knowledge in network and voice support.
The GNOC Core Manager primary mission is to provide technical and process leadership specific to the JPMC Network Infrastructure. The candidate will typically work during dayshift hours, however, will be on call 24 x 7 as escalation for critical production impacting issues or outages. They must provide leadership support on Priority1 bridge calls to drive triage and problem resolution. This includes but not limited to: Playing a key role in defining Service Level Agreements; managing the process that enable meeting or exceeding those SLAs; and participating in post mortem documentation and reporting activities relating to outages and missed SLAs.
The candidate will play a key role in ensuring operational processes are clearly defined, documented, communicated, standardized and are compliant with audit requirements. They will be responsible for engaging external organizations that the Network Operations team supports, and fostering teamwork with partner organizations and/or customers.
The candidate is responsible for creating, analyzing and reporting against business critical metrics. They are responsible for managing resources (Engineering and Capital) using the direction outlined by upper management, as well as the output of the network operations monthly metrics. The candidate must demonstrate the ability to communicate a clear direction for organizational success using information obtained from upper management and the analysis of the monthly metrics.
- Manage a team of highly technical network engineers in developing and maturing the Core Network support service
- Provide technical and process leadership specific to the JPMC Core Network
- Available for on-call 24x7 as escalation for critical production impacting issues or outages
- Provide leadership support on Priority1 bridge calls to drive triage and problem resolution
- Ensuring operational processes are clearly defined, documented, communicated, standardized and are compliant with audit requirements
- Create, analyze and report against business critical metrics
- Manage escalation support for all aspects of the Core Network environment.
- Partners with other support teams for continuous Improvement on process, procedure and day to day operations, including but not exclusive to automation and documentation (reduce false/duplicate alerts, ensuring availability of run books).
- Works with Business Command Centers for swift actions on critical issues, with a goal of minimizing impact and reduced MTTR.
- Work closely with the ETN and CIB Operate teams to drive and coordinate a planned repair/restore and provide email status of the work.
- Support a daily network SOD calls globally
- Interface with global exchanges, brokers and technology vendors on infrastructure products
- Perform a daily set of scripted reach-ability checks and tests across the network globally
- Partners with Vendors for escalations and improved incident resolution MTTR
- Minimum 10+ years experience in IT covering operations functions.
- Minimum 10+ working in a banking, exchange or technology type environment within a global organization.
- Expertise of networking fundamentals including: network topology, VLANs, routing, global/local load balancing, firewalls, etc.
- Expertise in multicast, low latency networks, and market data related technologies
- Expertise in Protocol Analyzers (Endace, Apcon, Wireshark, OpNet)
- Expertise in capacity management tools (Concord, SevOne)
- Expertise in utilizing Corvil applications.
- Ability to make informed and timely decisions; understands, communicates and manages the result of decisions made.
- Excellent listening, writing, speaking, presentation and facilitating skills.
- Must be flexible, hands on and able to work in a fast paced, high pressure, client focused and collaborative environment
- Manage problems and follow up on incidents and write incident reports
Our Global Technology Infrastructure Group is filled with innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you’ll use a disciplined, innovative and cost-effective approach to deliver a wide variety of high-quality products and services. You’ll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you—and the products you deliver—will thrive.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.