Enhanced Due Diligence Analyst
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. JPMorgan Chase & Co.is committed to providing a comprehensive set of benefits choices to meet different employee needs and lifestyles, which include choices such as Flexible Work Arrangements with periodic work from home and non-standard business hours, fully paid parental leave time, health care insurance and retirement benefits.
Commercial Banking serves more than 30,000 clients, including corporations, municipalities, financial institutions, and not-for-profit entities with annual revenues generally ranging from $20 million to $2 billion. The Firm's broad platform positions the Commercial Bank to deliver extensive product capabilities - lending, treasury services, investment banking, and asset management - to meet our clients' domestic and international financial needs.
If you're interested in working in an environment where leadership, excellence, integrity, and diversity are among our core principles- then explore the opportunities at J.P. Morgan Chase.
Description of Role, Functions and Activities
As a member of the Know Your Customer (KYC) Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) team, the candidate will be responsible for producing a critical, detailed, in-depth investigative review of historical transaction activity and/or negative media reviews on clients in line with firm policy and regulatory expectations. Based on the summary of their investigation, findings, conclusions and recommendations documented in the report, the LOB Relationship Managers and KYC Officers will perform additional follow up and due diligence with the customer.
EDD is required to be performed under the firm’s KYC periodic review standards for specific client types. The objective of the review is to determine (a) if actual activity is consistent with the due diligence information collected, including the client’s stated expected activity, (b) to identify high risk patterns of activity, (c) to highlight potential areas of concern based on negative media findings or risk that require follow up or resolution by KYC team, Relationship Management or Compliance, and (d) to validate the accuracy of the KYC risk rating.
Successful EDD research analyst candidates possess strong analytical skills, the ability to work independently within a deadline, take initiative and are adaptable to change. In addition, successful candidates are quick learners that will be able to readily understand banking and AML concepts and issues, exercise sound judgment and observe the highest degree of confidentiality in the handling information received in connection with their responsibilities.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Demonstrate strong independent responsibility and extensive knowledge in working with international AML compliance-related issues
- Ability to identify & deem relevancy of public records, as it relates to customer information
- Compile research data into a standardized report and forward to review for accuracy of findings
- Possess an in-depth understanding of AML typologies inherent in individual clients and large multinational corporations and exercising sound judgment and observe the highest degree of confidentiality in handling the information received while discharging their responsibilities
- Investigate & resolve strategic Money Laundering/Terrorist Financing (ML/TF) risks,
- Overcome investigatory challenges and be resourceful when dealing with international languages, and limited public source information or data
- Exercise sound judgment and observe the highest degree of confidentiality
- Function as a key contributor and demonstrate knowledge of AML issues as well as broader functional knowledge
- Conduct a thorough investigation to establish the presence of AML typologies through an extensive review of transactions, determine any correlations or anomalies in the data based on reasonable expectations and prior experience and ascertain if activity between originators and beneficiaries have valid economic purpose based on their investigation & findings
- Make a judgment on the risk, based on all findings. Determine if any unusual or high risk activity/information needs to be further investigated
- Independently produce complete and accurate reports of their investigations, findings, decisions and recommendations for use by LOB and KYC Officers