As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You’ll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You’ll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what’s being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you’ll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
The candidate will be part of the CT Operate team that provides support for Mainframe CIIS suite of applications such as
CIIS,ARS,MCS, FIS, FLAME,FCL and related smaller applications.
- Resolve and track production incidents and prevent reoccurrences
- Ensure that the application infrastructure is working fine, current and all updates are made in a timely manner.
- Understand and execute periodic health-checks pertaining to the batch, infrastructure and specialized processing
- Ensure all work is done on a ticket and there is communication to senior management and stakeholders on the progress
of the work.
- Ensure all change to UAT or production environments follow the change management procedures, all paperwork are
raised in time and all approvals are in place.
- Ensure shift-related documentation and communication is properly done
- Investigate any issue. If progress is not made in a reasonable time, escalate and seek help.
- Ensure all support documentation are updated with new management structure, infrastructure stack, and application
- Ensure HPSM (Peregrine) queues are monitored for new issues and they are resolved and closed with the correct level
of engagement and timely manner.
- Ensure PLM activities are scheduled for all environments, applications and locations.
- Validate the different aspects of application after a PLM or change event.
- Participate in annual MEPC events
- Monitor the storage utilization for each application or location.
- Coordinate and perform deployment, installation, configuration, troubleshooting, maintenance and support of production
- Partner closely with Application Development, Testing team and upstream consumers and other L2 Operate teams.
- Participate in on-call rotation for application support of production related issues.
- Improve productivity, supportability and efficiency by automation of repeatable tasks using tools and scripting.
- Create and improve system documentation (Run books, FAQs)
Qualifications - Internal
University degree level, and/or related work experience
5 + years experience in COBOL, JCL, VSAM, Endevor, Changeman.
- Strong production support background with ability to work in complex application environment
- Strong COBOL and JCL programming and support experience
- Knowledge of version control systems such as Endevor or Changeman
- Good problem solving skills
- Familiar with the full systems development lifecycle process
- Awareness and understanding of current industry developments
- Knowledge of Finance and Regulatory reporting applications
- Basic knowledge of Unix , PL/SQL for cross-platform opportunities
- Written and verbal communication - Advanced
- Coordination Skills- Advanced
- Facilitation Skills face to face and virtual - Advanced
- Firm/Business Knowledge - Proficient
- Flexibility - Advanced
- Interpersonal Skills - Advanced
- Relationship Management / Partnership - Proficient
- Problem Management - Advanced
- Teamwork - Advanced
Our Corporate Technology team relies on smart, driven people like you to develop applications and provide tech support for all our corporate functions across our network. Your efforts will touch lives all over the financial spectrum and across all our divisions: Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and within the Corporate Administrative Office. You’ll be part of a team specifically built to meet and exceed our evolving technology needs, as well as our technology controls
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.