Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) is the technology infrastructure organization for the firm, delivering a wide range of products and services, and partnering with all lines of business to provide high quality service delivery, exceptional project execution and financially disciplined approaches and processes in the most cost effective manner. The objective of GTI is to balance both business alignment and the centralized delivery of core products and services. GTI is designed to address the unique infrastructure needs of specific lines of business and the demand to leverage economies of scale across the firm.
GTI Service Operations (SO) is responsible for service support and delivery for JPMorgan Chase's (JPMC) Global Technology Infrastructure. Through its Global Service Desk and Infrastructure Operations Centers, SO provides global, coordinated diagnostic and support services, while its Production Assurance and Support functions leverage and execute industry leading infrastructure management and support processes that are designed to minimize customer outages and impacts.
Infrastructure Developer Responsibilities:
This role is for an Infrastructure Developer to join the existing team as a technical SME & Individual Contributor.
The successful candidate will be able to:
· Work on developing infrastructure APIs to automate infrastructure deployment and maintenance.
· Work independently and as part of an Agile team on high profile initiatives and stakeholder requests as required.
The day to day activities of the role will encompass the full project lifecycle, including:
• Interacting with stakeholders to understand the requirements and perform thorough analysis.
• Designing software architecture and producing scalable and resilient technical designs.
• Digesting and understanding infrastructure operational requirements and designing new functionality that meets those requirements.
• Development, unit testing and providing escalated support as and when required.
• Production implementations and handover documentation.
• Day-to-day management of workload and projects.
• Partnering with global team members from within or other teams to achieve successful business delivery.
• Will also act as the Primary contact point for Digital infrastructure service and support activities. The function provides 24 x7 coverage.
• Attendance on technical bridges with technology teams to drive triage and resolution of incidents.
• Resolving high priority incident tickets, with potential customer impacts.
• Environmental oversight and root cause analysis for stability and reliability issues and timely resolution or escalation.
• Maintain operational support documentation
• Plan and perform scheduled hygiene and maintenance of the infrastructure
• Deliver Service Improvement Activities across the Digital infrastructure through automation and analytics
• Experience as an Infrastructure Developer automating complex technical processes (perl, python) Experience of the softare development lifecycle in a structured environment
• Experience with Agile
• At least 12 years of experience and a high level of proficiency in Unix/AIX Operating systems ranging from Linux 5.x, 6.x and AIX 6.x. (preferable in financial services)
• Experience with production support of highly available applications
• Focus on customers, ownership, operations and the ability to deliver results
• Position requires active participation in design review, specific to a tailored solution in order to meet a specific client request in the production estate
• Frequently anticipates problems and analyzes ways to mitigate the risk.
• Experience of working within an ITIL framework
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Bright and enthusiastic, self-starter, highly motivated, comfortable taking the initiative
• Ability to manage dependencies, proactively anticipate and deal with issues
• Ability to work under pressure whilst delivering results quickly and efficiently
• Capable of working effectively within a distributed global development team
• Documents small-to medium-scale projects and delivers presentations with minimal supervision.
• Dissects complex situations and refocuses on critical technology tasks.
• Must have a high degree of technical expertise/professional mastery to recommend process improvements
• Familiarity with SAN, TCP/IP, DNS , VMWare, Blade Technology, Hyper V is highly desirable.
• Familiarity with work on Hardware Monitoring and vendor engagement for hardware failures mainly with HP Server technologies
• Experience in project work, incident management and resolution, change management, patching, release support are a plus
• Knowledge of system performance monitoring and operational capacity management
This position is anticipated to require the use of one or more High Security Access (HSA) systems. Users of these systems are subject to enhanced screening which includes both criminal and credit background checks, and/or other enhanced screening at the time of accepting the position and on an annual basis thereafter. The enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.