JP Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.3 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. We serve millions of U.S. consumers and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients. We are a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset and wealth management services. With assets under supervision of $2.0 trillion and assets under management of $1.4 trillion, we are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
A critical priority for Asset Management is to ensure that high-quality data is available to run our business and meet our clients' needs. The Asset Management Chief Data Office
(CDO) was established to define AM's data strategy and support for the core data used across AM and needed to run our business.
The Business Analyst will be part of the Client & Account workstream which is focused on establishing a data strategy for client and account data as well as driving AM wide client & account related programs. The projects and programs will include efforts to develop and adopt golden sources of data across AM businesses, partner with technology and business stakeholders in reengineering platform functionality and operational processes. The Business Analyst will collaborate with other project/program managers, business and data analysts, business SMEs, and technology teams to drive projects, ensuring clear priorities and completion of tasks, managing capacity, mitigating risks and overall leading the project to deliver on business benefits.
The Business Analyst will lead and participate in a multi-functions, multi-year, firmwide such as Enterprise Party Identifier (EPI) Program and beyond EPI, there will be additional AWM CDO projects to contribute to.
EPI program regulatory program is aiming to implement a unique party identifier across the firm for customer and “Know Your Customer” (KYC) Related parties in order to improve the client experience, streamline the process and improve the business decisioning and control.
This large-scale program structured in workstreams across Strategic Operating Model, Technology adoption, Data Remediation, Logical Data Model (LDM) and Data migration within the two sub-LOBs: AM & WM.
Across the AWM CDO programs, the Business Analyst will work closely with the End to end Program manager to ensure strong project management discipline and timely execution of the key milestones but will also drive and assist in the delivery of the Operating Model Design, Business requirements and Testing (when appropriate).
Roles and Responsibilities
• Excellent analytical and logical thinking to understand and analyze complex business processes, identifying risks and defining solutions.
• Partner with AWM Ops Onboarding, Data Management, Client Service, business Management and Firmwide Operations to complete comprehensive business analysis and assess requirements documentation
• Lead and support Party Onboarding, Maintenance and Offboarding Operating Model Design and Business Requirements with subject matters experts.
• Structure and organize the business requirements phase in a logical order
• Ensure completeness of all scope items with mapping to business requirements
• Participate in process improvement opportunities as they are raised
• Assist in the SIT and UAT Testing planning, execution and communication
• Liaise with technology to ensure the functional design and build requirements meet with submitted business requirements
• Lead and deliver on Enterprise Party Identifier program and their respective workstreams.
• Manage project/program scope and demand, understand and agree business priority
• Lay out roadmaps, business cases and detailed project plans including key deliverables and dependencies
• Track and manage risks, issues, key decisions and escalate as appropriate
• Identify and actively manage key project/program dependencies
• Estimate and manage project resourcing requirements, capacity and constraints
• Lead working groups and project/program governing forums
• Report and communicate on project deliverables, status, key issues, risks and open decisions as appropriate;
• Measure progress against key project metrics
• Collaborate across various Business, Operations, and Technology teams in managing and tracking project artefacts/deliverables e.g. use cases, business requirements, data flows, operating model designs, procedures etc…