As a senior leader in Infrastructure Engineering, you'll be the visionary responsible for developing the roadmap for the computing platforms, servers, and networks, which means your work will have a day-to-day impact on customers, clients and businesses around the globe. Your expertise in infrastructure technology, architecture design, and performance monitoring, will be essential in guiding a team that delivers multiple IT projects on time and within budget. Your team will look to you to mentor them as they work collaboratively to drive the strategic technology roadmap of the firm, and implement high-quality technology solutions. And while you will be part of a tight-knit team of high-performers who shares your passion for technology, you’ll also gain access the best minds in the business—both as part of the JPMorgan Chase & Co. global technology community, and through our partnerships with some of the most important tech firms in the world.
If you like solving highly complex problems of Scale & Scope – please read on..
This is a highly technical role and will help engineer and build a series of solutions for the Global Configuration Management and Automation team inside Global Technology. The ideal candidate is a hands-on-technologist with significant experience in architecture and engineering modern infrastructure platforms and services. We are looking for someone who understands the end to end stack of what it takes to run a PAAS application and service offering:
- Configuration Management
- Secure from the start automation-first of all infrastructure components
- Operational and Production Support built into the robust solution
- Deep understanding of operating systems, web, middleware, and networking
- Understanding of how to build a highly resilient application
- Iterative delivery of Strategic Architecture Design
As part of the Configuration Management and Automation Services (CMAS) team you will help deliver the next generation of solution frameworks to be adopted by all technology teams that transforms how JP Morgan Chase approaches security, resiliency, operational efficiencies, and adoption of modern DevOps and agile practices.
In the role of Infrastructure Engineer/Architect, you will be responsible for:
- Working across the Configuration Management team and all of Core Foundation services to Architect roadmaps and technical strategies for the future of configuration management
- Work across Global Technology to deliver iterative improvements towards the strategic end with no interruptions to the business
- Developing solutions to patch and manage the hygiene of over 140,000 servers
- Automating the build provisioning process
- Developing solutions to automate a full application failover with no human involvement
- Identifying operational inefficiencies and creating automated solutions to reduce manual work
Qualifications for Infrastructure Engineer/Architect:
- 10+ Hands-on experience with strong understanding of infrastructure (operating systems, web, middleware, and networking)
- Proven delivery of both infrastructure Architecture and Engineering/ implementation of the desired state architecture
- Strong knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Working with teams that use the following platforms/services:
- Linux Redhat 6.x, 7.x, Windows Server 2012, 2016
- Apache Tomcat, IIS
- Big data technologies
- Machine learning algorithms
- ETL / Messaging Queues
- Computer Science or similar degree with experience in the following software/tools:
- Infrastructure automation technologies: Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc.
- Declarative Programming languages: YML, Ruby, etc.
- Scripting languages like Python, Perl, Shell, etc.
- Build automation technologies: Maven, Jenkins, etc.
- Monitoring technologies: Nagios, Tivoli, SCOM, etc.
- Use of APIs and services using REST, SOAP, etc.
Our Global Technology Infrastructure Group is filled with innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you’ll use a disciplined, innovative and cost-effective approach to deliver a wide variety of high-quality products and services. You’ll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you—and the products you deliver—will thrive.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
It's time to take your career to the next level, and we can help. Apply today.