The Chase Staff Appraiser is responsible for performing valuations of residential property types that primarily support the Chase Mortgage Banking group. Geographic competency within key market area is required to complete appraisal assignments in a professional manner in compliance with USPAP, Federal, State and Chase requirements. This high caliber appraiser will be trained specifically to Chase valuation requirements and quality standards. The successful candidate will function as an individual contributor role and demonstrate strong knowledge of appraisal practices and methodology.
Chase is one of the largest U.S. providers of banking, lending, treasury, wealth management and investment services. Chase serves 50 million customers, including consumers, small businesses, mid-size companies, corporations, financial institutions, nonprofits and governments. Chase Mortgage Banking business is ranked No. 2 in originations and in servicing, with 7 million mortgages representing a combined balance of $1 trillion. The focus of Chase Mortgage Banking business is to deliver an unmatched customer experience through building lasting relationships, exceeding expectations, being courteous and professional, doing the right thing and owning customer inquiries from start to finish.
· Knowledge of industry standards and practices, including compliance and regulations
· Knowledge/experience of the mortgage lending industry
· Analytical Skills
· Time Management skills
· Customer Service Skills
· Ability to understand and assess risk
· Ability to multi task
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong evaluation and analysis skills, excellent attention to detail, team player mentality, high energy and self-starter
· Ability to work independently with little direction
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (in order of importance)
- State Certified Residential Appraiser will perform residential appraisals for single-family attached and detached, to include condominiums and cooperatives, and multi-unit (1-4 units).
o Competently perform appraisals and conduct level of inspection as required by the specific assignment for local and remote geographic regions.
o Develops meaningful, supported, and accurate value opinions on all appraisals assignments
o Analyzes and evaluates market trends and provides meaningful conclusions
o Solves complex appraisal problems using recognized appraisal methodology
- Appraiser must hold an active license in good standing and maintain certification requirements.
- Understands and adheres to Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP), JP Morgan Chase appraisal standards and regulatory guidelines.
- Conducts oneself in a professional manner and maintains a professional demeanor and appearance to meets JPMC Code of Conduct expectations. Collaborates effectively with internal customers to ensure seamless customer service. Submits proactive status updates at the order level and responds to all calls/emails/texts in a prompt and professional manner.
- Represent Chase with the highest level of ethics, integrity, and maintain strict confidentiality and discretion.
- Maintain reliable means of transportation.
- Maintains knowledge of technology to enhance efficiency both in the field and in the work environment.
Meet all departmental goals for productivity, quality, and turnaround times.
Knowledge and Experience
- Certified Residential Appraiser
- 5+ years of appraisal experience as a licensed/certified appraiser.
- College Degree preferred
- FHA Approved Appraiser in good standing, preferred, VA, USDA experience desired
- Excellent analytical and decision making skills.
- Ability to act independently and consistently make appropriate decisions with minimal guidance and oversight.
- Strong understanding of appraisal practices and methodology.
- Complete real estate appraisals that are compliant with Federal and State laws, as well as being done in accordance with Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP).
- Strong technology skills to demonstrate proficiency in learning new systems.
- Strong time management skills in order to multi-task and meet production expectations and deadlines.
Requires background check, review of Chase Ineligible List, review of any prior disciplinary actions, verification of active license within state, no current or pending litigation or investigations.
Demonstrate geographic competency