Location Strategy Design and Client Advisory Vice President - Corporate Location Strategy
Req #: 170106938
Job Category: Corporate Staff
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
JPMC is seeking a Vice President for the Corporate Location Strategy team. The position will play a key role in driving enhancements to the Corporate Location Strategy program – a top strategic priority for the firm - across multiple lines of businesses in locations globally. The CLS team is part of our Global Real Estate (GRE) and the CAO Strategic Initiative (CSI) functions.
Corporate Location Strategy focuses on optimizing our global work-force locations, including consolidating into world-class corporate centers of excellence that enhance our client support, employee satisfaction, productivity and controls, while optimizing operating costs.
Global Real Estate manages the firm's real estate assets and investments and partners with the lines of business to proactively address their real estate needs. JPMC’s real estate portfolio is one of the largest by any measure, with over 6,500 properties, 75MN square feet, $17B owned value and $12B leased value across over 60 countries.
The CLS team, specifically, has the following key responsibilities:
- Location Strategy & Advisory - advocating, leading, developing, and reporting the execution of the firm-wide location strategy program – across all lines of business and functions in 300+ global locations; Advising workplace best practices to maximize productivity
- Analytics – Deliver key reporting and analytics to drive CLS initiatives, provide analytics and insights to key stakeholders, and enhance the central analysis and reporting of location and occupancy data
- Infrastructure – The team manages the front-back technology and process required for Occupancy planning, including Serraview, GRE Database Library (GREDL), CAD, as well as the seat supply and demand forecasting processes.
- Process Improvement – Deliver targeted process improvement support, project management, and internal consulting capabilities across CLS
This role will focus on Location Strategy Design and Client Advisory and interface with Clients and Corporate functions globally. It will require working closely with partners across real estate, business and functional leaders globally, to ensure alignment with the program’s objectives and target state design. The team operates as change agents to drive, align and enable businesses achieve their global resource and location strategy goals.
The role will report to the Head of CLS Strategy with key responsibilities to
- Partner with Lines of Businesses to help define, design and drive their LOB location strategy
Build relationships with partners, client management, LOB strategy leads and their strategy team
Understand LOB requirements and help enable execution and resolution of deployment issues
Develop deep trust-based advisor relationships with key client stakeholders and ensure client is satisfied throughout engagement
Help develop market intelligence related to labor markets, competitor intelligence and emerging trends in the global location strategy domain
- Partner with Global Real Estate Teams to drive global RE strategy and investment decisions
Drive global hub growth strategy and investment planning
Ensure ongoing real estate plans and investment/ divestment decisions align with LOB implementation risks and long term plans
Drive opportunities to reduce the firm’s building and location fragmentation globally
Design optimal target state in hubs by drive LOB and cross functional business adjacencies
- Partner across CLS cross functional teams and help manage/ mentor junior members on the team
Partner with team members to identify areas for continuous improvement and development
Manage resources in the team by providing guidance, direction and support with their daily activities
Developing a subject matter expertise on the inter/intra workings of all the processes and technology
Actively invest in building and developing team members; support strategic career planning
Being involved in broader team efforts, including recruiting, staffing / deployment decisions, performance management, etc.
- Work closely with the CLS Process Improvement team by
Acting as a thought partner to identify areas of inefficiencies & control gaps across CLS’s ‘book of work’ (processes, systems, org structure, etc.), including dependencies with other Global Real Estate and LOB/ Corporate teams
Taking ownership to drive strategic initiatives across CLS and more broadly (e.g., optimizing shared services, process flows, infrastructure / technology hand-offs, etc.)
Ensuring documentation of policies, systems and procedures are updated in a timely manner
- Play a key role within the broader CSI and GRE community
- 8+ years of relevant experience in driving global change management programs in large peer financial institutions or as a management consultant advising senior management on change management initiatives
- Expertise in location strategy is strongly preferred, but not mandatory
- Candidate must demonstrate superior ability to structure and scope complex problems, apply a range of analytical tools, gain and develop solutions
- Candidate must demonstrate and ability to lead teams including manage staff, collaborating with cross functional teams, managing different stakeholders and working effectively with teams globally
- Advanced knowledge and experience of using Excel and PowerPoint a must. Knowledge of Tableau is a plus
- Strong team player and interpersonal skills; demonstrable experience managing relationships
- Strong client management, especially experience managing large-scale change programs, and executive-level communication skills
- Strong academic background (advanced degree in Finance or Management Consulting disciplines strongly preferred)
- Knowledge and certification of quality improvement / Six Sigma process is preferred, but not mandatory
- PMP certification is preferred, but not mandatory
For prompt consideration please ensure you update the ‘current employer’ section of your profile (in addition to attaching a resume).