As an Executive Director of Cybersecurity, the quest to find new and innovative technological solutions to protect our assets, data and people is what drives you. You’ll lead a highly motivated team laser-focused on analyzing, designing, developing and delivering solutions built to stop adversaries and strengthen our operations. You’ll share your expertise, thought leadership and overall guidance and support, both with your team and across all our business and technology groups. You’ll deploy best practices, implement new policies, and embrace emerging trends to strengthen our strategic roadmap. Finally, you will lead by example and earn the trust of the internal team, collaborators from around the world working in our global team of technologists and innovators, senior management, and, the people and companies whose assets we manage and protect.
The successful candidate will be responsible for definition, delivery and maintenance of Data Protection product capabilities which will enable JPMorgan Chase to identify, understand, protect and use our data across the data lifecycle. The candidate will work with all lines of business and Corporate Functions to provide tactical and strategic solutions and drive activities to accelerate the program objectives.
In addition, candidate will have a detailed understanding of Data Protection and significant experience across other technical disciplines, including enterprise security architecture, privacy, legal, compliance, regulatory environments and strong business and commercial acumen.
The role will report to the Data Protection Product Owner and manage activities including:
- The implementation & management of a broad set of information security technologies and processes within Data protection – including Data Loss Prevention, Data Classification, Data Discovery and Data Encryption & Control
- Leadership of organizational, operational and/or technological change, defining strategies, frameworks and upward-reporting capabilities
- Working with central and LOB management to understand business commercial strategy and prioritize product roadmaps according to our commercial and security risk / control objectives
- Development and ownership of residual risk, control and other oversight measures of the product suite
- Definition and pro-active management of product roadmap and associated investment & run the bank financials for all our product offerings
- Driving the efficient and effective delivery of our committed strategic plans
- Integration across Cybersecurity functional towers to ensure a unified approach to product change and unified communications of progress
- Providing leadership of the product change lifecycle from definition through development, delivery, and results assessment
- Reporting accurately, concisely, efficiently and in a timely fashion to enhance decision making and enable coherent change implementation
- Leading an organization of learning individuals whom constantly strives to improve and innovate, recognizing that product innovation and client satisfaction require a continuous process of improvement
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
Advanced expertise in Cybersecurity organization practices, operations, risk management processes, principles, architectural requirements, engineering and threats and vulnerabilities, including incident response methodologies, tactics and strategy to protect, detect, respond and recover from attacks
Deep fluency in national and international laws, regulations, policies and ethics related to financial industry Cybersecurity
Seasoned command of multiple disciplines, optimizing Cybersecurity products and services through the lifecycle
Recognized expertise in Cybersecurity and Agile, creating competitive advantage through the application of leading-edge technologies and methodologies
Strategically oriented and can influence at the group and Firm level as needed
Expertise in working in partnership with colleagues throughout the firm, and in leading collaborative teams to achieve common goals
- Proven track record of increasing responsibility within Cybersecurity or related legal, privacy or technical fields
- Knowledge of information security standards, rules and regulations related to information security and data protection
- Recognized expertise in Cybersecurity and agile execution, creating competitive advantage through the application of leading-edge technologies and methodologies
- Strategically oriented and can influence at the group and Firm level as needed
- Ability to provide direction and guidance on business use cases and requirements for security related efforts
- Ability to shift from high-level thinking to realistic and pragmatic execution
- Excellent technical/business writing skills (policies, standards, business requirements)
- Problem solving that involve trade-offs between risk mitigation, cost avoidance and timeliness of service
- Cybersecurity certifications (such as CISSP and CISM) would be desirable
Your expertise in cyber, combined with your desire to provide innovative security services, will be an asset to our Cybersecurity team. Help deliver high-quality security solutions across all our lines of business around the world by creating, designing, implementing, and maintaining next-level technology. The work you’ll do is vital, as it will protect over $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits every day.
When you work at JP Morgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologist design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cyber security, machine learning and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JP Morgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
©2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.