Digital Mission Control – Senior Technical Lead
The Consumer & Community Banking (CCB) Production Management, Digital Mission Control (MC) manages digital channel availability on a 24x7 basis. The US day is supported by the teams in Columbus/Houston and the US overnight is mainly supported by Singapore/India teams. The MC is entrusted with end-to-end monitoring responsibilities of the Digital (online and mobile channels) environment as well as other production management responsibilities. Its aim is to resolve 90% of all digital incidents without escalations and therefore has SMEs present onsite on all shifts 24x7. The shift-lead has production responsibilities across the shift and has to take key decisions in ensuring the quickest ways to mitigate incidents with minimal client impacts.
Provide onsite technical leadership and decision taking for quick service restorations
Key decision taker in terms of failovers, isolating DC and preserving customer experiences
Drive monitoring operations visibility through tools such as CA APM (Wily), Splunk and Dynatrace. Provide transparency on the messaging of these tools.
Leverage tools expertise to perform targeted flow-triage during major incidents.
Drive Technical Bridges with information from monitoring and other specific tools
Acquire essential skills and cross-train shift staff
Build strong relationships within a large organization - effecting change and trust
Ability to drive initiatives through reporting, metrics and operational feedback
Understanding goals beyond that of technology and integrate with business processes
Flexible and adaptable in response to changing demands
Responsible for driving continuous service improvements through established processes
Drive gap analysis and Service Improvement for digital incidents
- A bachelor’s degree in a technology related field
- At least 8 years of senior IT operations experiences – retail banking is preferred
- Very good communications skills – managing global bridges/ writing executive notifications
- Strong technical background with banking technologies – SME in at least 3 of the technologies; Middleware, Java, Unix, DB2, Splunk, Dynatrace, WebSphere, Web Servers and Retail banking channel application flows
- Customer centric - preferable from technical support roles and/or professional services
- Experience working with geographically distributed and culturally diverse work-groups
- Hands-on with technical operations – high pressure shift environment
- Strong problem solving skills – probing to understand flow logistics and engage relevant support
- Specific knowledge of IT infrastructure including networks, storage networks, infrastructure, load balancing, server clustering, databases and application architecture
- Knowledge of the emerging payments technologies and digital wallets
- Ability to develop strong client relationships and to collaborate with project teams and technology partners
- Multi- tasking is essential – listening, writing, reviewing and sending executive communications
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve nearly 66 million consumers and over 4 million small businesses, municipalities and non-profits. You’ll support the delivery of award winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. This group is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients and customers.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.