JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
One of the firm's top priorities continues to be strengthening its risk and control environment. The Risk Governance & Planning Office reports to the firm's Chief Financial Officer of Finance and Risk and Firmwide Risk Executive of Operational Risk Governance. The team is responsible for enhancing and managing the Firmwide Risk Governance framework and driving forward strategic initiatives within Risk Management. The team facilitates the execution of new requirements from Regulators and Risk Management priorities from the Board of Directors and/or Executive Management.
Another key function is to deliver against ad-hoc requests directly owned by the Firmwide Chief Risk Officer, and other Senior Executives within the Risk Organization. Of the several central initiatives the team manages, one key effort is the Finance & Risk Roadmap, a multi-year effort across the firm aimed at implementing a more effective infrastructure and operating model, focused on:
The Risk Governance & Planning Associate will support the team’s strategic book of work and have the ability to own workstreams from end-to-end. This includes the strategic planning, execution/tracking and overall delivery of key priorities to senior management. The Associate will directly support the team lead and be involved in managing the team’s annual book of work. This individual will play a significant role in facilitating the Independent Risk Management (IRM) assessment of the Firm’s annual Strategic Priorities, a key deliverable owned by the team. Finally, he/she will have the ability to improve and/or revamp several existing and new deliverables, reports, tools and processes owned by the Risk Management. This role will involve operating within and learning about the inner workings of the Firm’s Risk Management organization.
· Support the execution of various initiatives across the Risk organization to ensure strategic and/or regulatory objectives are met
· Create concise presentations that “tell a story” in a digestible manner; bring attention to key details using impactful formatting and executive writing
· Convert detailed analysis into crisp presentations for leadership decision making
· Drive the simplification and rationalization of existing governance structures, processes, tools and reports within Risk Management
· Solve complex problems on a wide range of topics
· Support the creation of executive level communications for varying levels of the organization
· Support the ongoing production and management of senior Risk Management forums
· Maintain organization over the team’s deliverables and manage timelines accordingly
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
· 2+ years experience in project management, business management, risk management or strategy preferred
· Excellent leadership, interpersonal, & relationship management skills
· Outstanding verbal & written communication skills
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Proven ability to collaborate and build strong partnerships across functions/teams
· Experience presenting updates to senior management preferred but not required
· Strong organization and ability to be flexible, follow tight deadlines, organize and prioritize work
· High degree of initiative, self direction, and ability to work independently as well within a team
· Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint (namely story boarding)
· Working knowledge of Financial markets and risk management frameworks is preferred
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.