J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
The Private Bank Mortgage Center provides end to end mortgage origination in all 50 states for Private Banking clients with unique needs. Our loans are generally complex transactions due to the financial diversity and sophistication of the client base. Our clients expect the highest levels of quality service throughout the process, resulting in an exceptional client experience.
The Policy & Process Solutions Business Analyst, will be an integral part of the PB Mortgage Center Operations teams and will manage the day-to-day operational aspect of balancing department objectives while providing process and pipeline management support. This high-visibility role will interface with line staff and operations and market managers while utilizing daily reports to ensure compliance in all areas and communicating the progress of any potential issues. The ideal candidate will possess mortgage origination experience, expertise in process and pipeline management, and a strong aptitude for analysis to ensure optimal management and performance.
- Develops processes, policies and procedures to support new system enhancements or process redesigns and works closely with Policy and Procedures team for updates to the Mortgage Online Guide
- Supports their aligned operations department with project management, analysis and requirements gathering for new development and integration projects
- Develops project requirements, assigns priorities, establishes deadlines, and tracks problems while ensuring capacity within the operations team is properly assessed
- Closely works with Systems Project team for prioritization of system enhancement that directly impacts the operations work flow
- Conducts regular department communications to ensure all levels of staff are informed of changes impacting their role & the department
- Initiate the design and development of pipeline management/monitoring tools and dashboards and work with IT and MIS for execution
- Research, gather, arrange, compile, summarize and evaluate data in recommending solutions
- Manages the workflow/pipeline for the day to day operation to maximize productivity while prioritizing regulatory requirements
- Collaborates with Market and internal partners to resolve quality and service related issues within the team and Mortgage Center as a whole
- Ensures compliance with process and procedures, as well as maintaining high customer service for internal partners and clients
- Provides ongoing, constructive feedback to individuals, team & Market Partners
- Participates in projects related to productivity improvements, compliance, and other matters as needed
- Is a trusted resource, generating creative solutions/fresh approaches to internal and external client issues
- Must be a great team player with a high degree of flexibility, prepared to work in a deadline-driven and fast paced environment
- Facilitate/lead/participate in meetings at the business, operational and project levels
- Ability to take initiative and work without constant supervision
- 5+ years of experience in the mortgage industry
- Demonstrated ability in process and pipeline management with extensive experience in Operations (i.e. underwriting, processing and closing)
- Extensive process, policy, systems, procedural and reporting knowledge within the mortgage industry
- Project management and business analysis skills are required.
- Ability to manage, organize, and control activities of projects that may be complex in scope
- Ability to manage and maintain productivity during peak periods, high volumes, and stressful situations.
- Ability to multitask, reprioritize tasks throughout the business and adapt well to changes in the work environment
- Strong organizational, triage and prioritization skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to identify gaps and opportunities for process improvement
- Ability to understand the customer viewpoint and experience in order to deliver results and solutions to the customer
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required with the ability to effectively train others as needed
- Ability to effectively communicate across all levels with the ability to provide Senior Management updates, as well as necessary escalations
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools with particular skill with Excel, PowerPoint and VISIO.
- 1-3 years mortgage operations supervisory or management experience, including experience coaching, team-building, and mentoring others preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of federal, state and local regulations preferred
- BS/BA or equivalent preferred