We are seeking a Lead Information Architect with deep knowledge of Information and Data Architecture and domain knowledge of trades, streams, positions, sensitivities, cash flows, p&l, and MTM. Experience in Architecture and data governance is essential.
The Lead Information Architect will work as part of the Data Acquisition and Control team to achieve a number of strategic deliverables and needs to negotiate, agree, guide and help deliver artifacts such as Conceptual and Logical Data Models, Data Sourcing Contracts and govern their implementation and traceability from firm-wide business glossary to Logical and Physical Data models. They will be considered a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on Data, Information Architecture and Metadata and will work collaboratively with the project delivery teams, to ensure that the design is implementable and that delivery is consistent with agreed design. The Lead Information Architect will also be responsible for data governance
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Deliver on the Firm wide Data Management (FDM) standards adoption commitments for all DAC applications
- Accountable for ensuring all DAC application team Information Architecture deliverables are produced to firm-wide and CT standards
- Accountable and Responsible for governance of the DAC application team Information Architecture deliverables
- Own and sign-off on information architecture for key programs in the DAC domain
- Provide thought leadership and guidance to data framework and design considerations
- Collaborate with business teams in order to understand, translate and capture the requirements for Conceptual and Logical Data Models, Interface Specifications/Data Sourcing contracts
- Develop and manage the data modelling best practices, patterns and standards
- Analyse attribute requirements in detail and arrive at optimized model
- Take an active role in the definition and delivery of the Big Data Strategy in line with Firm-wide design pattern, and the refactoring of key applications from legacy into strategic platforms; pprovide guidelines for Big Data implementations (both relational and non-relational)
- Ensure the application teams are equipped to meet the FDM commitments by providing the necessary Information Architecture capabilities (metadata management, tooling, et al) to the development community
- Represent the DAC domain in the required Information Architecture forums; ccollaborate with the Corporate Technology IA and firm-wide Architecture group to develop consistent, accurate and complete information architecture artefacts
- Develop a centralized wiki for all DAC application IA artefacts
- Create and maintain appropriate metadata for various information architecture related artefacts
- Implement proof of concepts when required
- Hands-on data modelling utilizing tools such as ERwin, MagicDraw or Power Designer
- Ability to analyse data using advanced SQL
The Corporate Technology (CT) organization develops applications and provides technology support for corporate functions across JPMorgan Chase, including Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and all functions within the Corporate Administrative Office (CAO).
CT teams are aligned with corporate partners’ evolving technology needs and the firm’s ever expanding technology controls agenda.
A top CT priority is building scalable corporate systems. Teams focus on:
- Responding to the evolving regulatory environment and helping to meet the firm’s regulatory commitments by addressing internal and external commitments
- Advancing the firm’s Roadmap programs -- Single Sourcing of data, Architecture Convergence, and Rationalization of Platforms
- Adopting industry leading technologies to support best-in-class business capabilities for high performance computing and data storage solutions
- Driving innovation across the firm’s corporate technology portfolio, increasing efficiencies through process automation, and Agile application development, with an emphasis on user experience and shorter development cycles
- Investing in security & controls for cyber, access/entitlements uplift, data protection and application resiliency
Data Acquisition & Control (DAC) team is a technology group within Corporate Technology (CT) and is developing a Data Convergence Platform to process information from various upstream systems related to trades, positions, and reference data and make it available to downstream consumers such as applications and analysts.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co, you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, out team of 40,000 + technologist design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organizations that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tacking big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you
- At least 7 to 8 years of Architecture experience.
- Excellent understanding of data management principles and information architecture
- Strong working knowledge and experience with Data Modelling and Metadata Modelling
- Knowledge of different modelling methodologies with the ability to read and understand data models presented in a variety of formats
- Ability to understand business architecture and translate into information architecture
- Advanced knowledge of various financial instruments is desirable
- Successful track record on several major technology implementation projects
- Data centric mind-set and ability to analyse business requirement from data perspective
- Knowledge of core Information Architecture capabilities, including Master and Reference Data Management, Data Quality (DQ), Metadata Management, Data Integration, Data Migration and Data Modelling
- Excellent team spirit and ability to work in collaborative environment
- Self-driven and works well on their own initiative
- Able to work in agile SDLC
- Strategic thinking
- Able to handle conflicts objectively
- Very strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and team player skills.
- Focus on high quality deliverables and meeting deadlines.
- Self-starter, ability to work independently or with others.