The Commercial Bank Technology organization is responsible for the end-to-end technology support of the JPMorganChase Commercial Bank, a $7 billion business serving more than 24,000 clients nationally, including corporations, municipalities, financial institutions and not-for-profit entities, as well as nearly 35,000 real estate investors / owners.
The CB Technology Operations Lead will be responsible for evaluating our various operationally oriented services offerings, developing a vision and executable roadmap that will drive operational excellence. The candidate’s primary role will be to develop a highly integrated operations team that successfully exploits common processes, automated tools and metrics based analytics to drive higher quality of service and efficiency.
A successful candidate will have strong business acumen and possess a blend of general business and technology competencies. The candidate will have a versatile background in the following areas:
Proven leadership experience
Managing to a budget with responsibility and precision
IT Strategy and Transformation
Large scale complex program management
Creating and executing on metrics driven improvement plan
Proven prior successes in a manage by influence role
A successful candidate will be able to comfortably communicate (both verbal and written) with Business Executives and diverse Technology teams. The candidate should also exhibit the following behaviors and be able to recollect past successes within each for these themes:
No fear mindset – ability to move forward with objectivity, logic, predictability and savvy
Comfort with challenges that initially are low structured and playing a pivotal role in defining structure and a business case for change
Equal comfort with driving success within a direct leadership or matrix leadership situation
Finds solving a challenge, operationalizing it, then moving to a new challenge appealing
Superior IT organizational management, talent management and relationship building skills, given extensive interfacing required with both senior members of the CB business as well as IT executive management. Hands on manager, who can drive change, influence and lead across business and technology. Significant experience managing an end to end technology environment, including experience with software, hardware, desktop, utilities, and other infrastructure components.
- Level 2 production support, engaging with development teams to ensure expertise engaged when needed (level 3)
- “Unscripted” Support
- Senior level engagement and management of business stakeholders
- Primary Information Owner and end user interface for production environment
- Establishing, validating and managing SLAs and interactions/communications with users
- Maintain robust documentation and knowledge management, run books
- Drives continuous improvement in the production environment, including owning the outcomes of the root cause analysis process, including identifying portfolio level changes that are identified from root cause analysis
- Responsible for Audit, Risk, and Control Self Assessment Oversight of the production environment
- Owns change management standards and ensures that change does not negatively impact the production environment.
- Supporting projects through a production readiness/Permit to Operate process
- Owns production stability and recovery, including ownership of incidents and change management.
- Ensures disaster recovery architecture and environment is adequate to meet application RTOs
- Assessment of current production environment for efficiency, stability and effectiveness, and identification of improvement opportunities
College degree in related technical/business areas or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 18 years of IT experience and related management experience
- Senior production support experience and leadership
Proven ability to build strong, cohesive production support and delivery teams with a consistent and sustainable Build mindset.
Track record of growing an Operations support team from a line of business level to an enterprise class system.
Demonstrated leadership capability and influencing skills. The candidate enjoys interacting with all levels in the organization
- Strong knowledge of applicable business areas, the supporting technology architecture, and applicable processes
- Strong knowledge of relevant applications and development of life cycles
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Strong interpersonal skills
Ability to blend strategic thinking and tactical delivery of solutions
Ability to work under pressure of multiple projects and deadlines
Ability to work with minimal supervision
Ability and desire to work in a team environment