We are looking for a Business Analyst to work in the Global Liquidity and Accounts Services team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Communicate with internal colleagues to understand the needs of departments and the organization as a whole;
• Work with external stakeholders to understand and investigate feedback into the service/function/product provided;
• Use data modelling practices to analyze your findings and create suggestions for strategic and operational improvements and changes;
• Consider the opportunities and potential risks attached to the suggestions you have made;
• Identify the processes and information technology required to introduce your recommendations;
• Gain agreement, usually from senior management, of the best method of introducing your recommendations to the business;
• Communicate the benefits of your recommendations across departments and help to address any uncertainty and concern;
• Produce written documentation to support your work, report on your findings and to present to stakeholders when necessary;
• Support the staff and teams in making the recommended changes, including helping to resolve any issues;
• Ensure plans are made and processes are created to evaluate the impact of the changes made, including taking responsibility for overseeing and reporting on this evaluation.
Successful candidate will need the following skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in information systems or related field along with 5+ years of overall IT experience
• MBA Degree in Finance is a huge plus
• Good communication and written skills
• Exposure to Liquidity Domain and Account Management domain is required
• Knowledge of Agile Methodology is required
• Added advantage: experience utilizing Agile Methodology, knowledge of SQL and understanding of relational databases, Knowledge of reporting frameworks like BIRT, BO (Business Objects)/Tableau.
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.