As a member of the Infrastructure Engineering team, you'll play a big part in designing the platforms, servers, and networks make it possible for us to provide service to our customers, clients, and businesses around the globe each and every day. In this role you’ll call on your experience designing tailored solutions to understand the requirements of a project, test the performance of the infrastructure, and verify that the requirements have been successfully met. As a team, you and your peers will be responsible for driving results, collecting and analyzing monitoring data in test and production, and managing projects to completion. And while you will be part of a tight-knit team of engineers who shares your passion for technology, you’ll also gain access the best minds in the business—both as part of the JPMorgan Chase & Co. global technology community, and through our partnerships with some of the most important tech firms in the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Proficient knowledge in the following key areas: Hardware Architecture (performance testing, monitoring, operations), Hardware Benchmarking (Agile, program managements, network management), Design (compliance, security), Network Engineering (planning, provision)
- Intermediate understanding of LOB technology drivers and their impact on architecture design
- Knowledge of more than one specific infrastructure technology
- Thinks creatively to deliver solutions through continuous improvement
This position is responsible for global operations team providing 24x7x365 support of the JPMorgan Chase Integrated Compute Platform. This platform provides converged compute, storage and network capabilities.
As an ESX Administrator within the GSO service support organization, you will be responsible for supporting the daily production support, health, and compliance of the VMware estate globally. Also responsible for managing all service delivery, resiliencies, efficiency, and audit programs as well as ensuring engineering standards and products are integrated across the ESX estate. The scope of responsibilities will entail implementing, measuring, and improving all processes, procedures, and activities required to ensure maximum availability of the IaaS production environment.
- General Software: VMware vCenter Server, vCenter Server Heartbeat, vCenter Converter, vCenter Site Recovery Manager, vMotion, DRS, VMware HA, Scripting skills (VB, Perl, PowerShell), vCM, VUM
- 3-5 years of experience maintaining and implementing VMware ESX (versions 3.x 4.x 5.x)
- Relevant training or certifications: VMware Certified Professional (VCP) preferred.
- Proficient with performance tuning of Operating Systems, Applications, Databases, Storage, and Networking.
- Ability to perform root cause analysis on all VMware products. E.g. ESX hosts, Virtual Centers, and Virtual Machines
- Comprehensive knowledge of hardware platforms that include rack mount servers and blades E.g. Cisco UCS, HP, Dell, and IBM
- Ability to administer, maintain, and troubleshoot Storage Area Networks (SAN) and Network Attached Storage (NAS) attached to VMware environments
- Understanding of Virtual Center Operations Manager for proactive assessment of performance and identification of potential resource bottlenecks
- Provide support in performance monitoring, back-ups, reporting, Root Cause Analysis, and resolution for VMware environments
- Demonstrate good judgment in solving problems as well as identifying problems in advance, and proposing solutions
- Ability to lead, and own projects related to migrations of production assets
- Ability to collaborate with a team working across multiple locations
- Ability and willingness to work a 24x7 on-call rotation schedule
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong customer service skills
Our Global Technology Infrastructure Group is filled with innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you’ll use a disciplined, innovative and cost-effective approach to deliver a wide variety of high-quality products and services. You’ll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you—and the products you deliver—will thrive.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
©2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.