CIB – Investor Services – Custody & Fund Services
Client Service Manager – Assistant Vice President – Mumbai
About J.P. Morgan & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (C&IB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $21 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Custody and Fund Services
Custody and Fund Services, is a global industry leader with $21 trillion in assets under custody. J.P. Morgan provides innovative custody, fund accounting and administration and securities services to the world’s largest institutional investors, alternative asset managers and debt and equity issuers. J.P. Morgan’s Custody and Fund Services business is comprised of Custody, Accounting, Transfer Agency, Middle Office outsourcing, Foreign Exchange, and other activities related to servicing assets for traditional and alternative funds; it leverages its scale and capabilities in more than 100 markets to help clients optimize efficiency, mitigate risk and enhance revenue through a broad range of investor services as well as securities clearance, collateral management and alternative investment services.
Client Service and Solutions
The team has overall accountability for ensuring our Client’s global service requirements are achieved end-to-end and across Custody & Fund Services (‘C&FS’), with consistent delivery across Markets & Investor Services. We are their primary contact and are an advisor on all C&FS service related matters. We partner with Sales in improving and retaining client relationships, while maintaining a strategic understanding of the client’s operating model. We organize our clients into industry ‘segments’ such as Asset Managers, Pension, Sovereign Wealth and Banks. This allows us to understand the specific requirements and behaviors of the segment and ensure our service offering meets those requirements while positioning ourselves to build strong and lasting partnerships on strategic initiatives.
Managing a team accountable for a set of functional and client specific responsibilities that support client relationships globally, including:
- Oversight of the Client Service team located in India, enhancing the client relationship, driving increased productivity and identification of additional activities to further leverage the team
- Support for tasks related to the management of global initiatives
- Prepare internal management reporting for Client Service including; client satisfaction statistics, service delivery issues, daily health checks, change management requests, etc.
- Perform functions related to risk and quality control
- Provide general support across the spectrum of Client Service activities as an extension of onshore teams
- Producing client scorecards, governance decks and bespoke reporting with explanations for root cause and trend analysis
- Running ad-hoc reports for clients as well as for internal partners
In addition to these specific responsibilities, broader objectives include supporting the Client Service and Solutions Management Team to deliver against its agenda;
- Improve the client experience and contribute to the positive growth of the overall relationship
- Driving efficiencies and productivity across the function
- Effective management of risk
- Global standardization
- Business resiliency
Required Skills / Experience:
- Advanced degree preferred with 8-10 years of relevant experience
- Strong strategic thinking, influencing and communication skills
- Strong, organizational, project management and planning skills
- Custody and Fund Services product knowledge preferred
- Experience in building and managing teams with track record in staff training and development
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and develop strong partnerships with key stakeholders
- Experience with creating scale & efficiency through automation
- Ability to deal with conflict
- Ability to adapt and demonstrate flexibility in a dynamic environment
- Having a controls mind set and experience in business resiliency planning