J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. Information about J.P. Morgan is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
Seeking an energetic candidate looking for an Application Support Analyst to be part of a team managing day to day production support issues for a number of distributed applications related to the Reference Data Client , Document and Account operated by Risk and Finanace Technology - Reference Data Operate.
Key Responsibilities and Typical Duties include the following:
Manage and resolve day-to-day production support issues for a number of applications that support Instrument Reference Data processing throughout the world:
• Incident and problem management
• To update key control systems according to procedure and in a timely manner (within JPM these include Alacrity/
ConQuest, EPV, ITSM)
• To create and update "run book" documentation for the supported applications as required
• To participate in Critical Site Tests for supported applications
• Excellent proven problem-solving skills
• Logical, able to think outside the box
• Good interpersonal and customer-facing skills
• Strong written communication skills
• Flexible, co-operative and resilient
• Able to work effectively under pressure and frequently changing priorities
Experience - Required:
• Proficient in Unix scripting and SQL
• Oracle, Sybase database and Tomcat/Websphere Application Server
• Tools - Control M, Autosys, Geneos
• Production Support experience
Experience - Desirable:
• Exposure to Reference Data Technology in past with knowledge of relevant businesses such as Client Onboarding , Document Management , Account maintenance
• The mission-critical nature of these globally-used applications means that on occasion it will be necessary for the
successful candidate to work extended hours at short notice to help see an incident through to resolution.
• To enable an effective response to off-hours incidents a call-out rota in maintained across the wider team. The
successful candidate will be expected to be part of this rota.
- Engineer or Computer Science with relevent experience in Investment Banking domain shall be useful.
- Exposure to Reference Data Technology in past with knowledge of relevant businesses such as Global Equities,
Corporate Action, fund accounting, clearance or the organisations that use these services
- Previous exposure to application support
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.