· Single Point of Responsibility for the overall technical integrity of our team's delivery.
· Partner with the Application Development Manager in the analysis and estimation of future work impacting our team.
· Partner with the Scrum Master to lead our team in breaking down complex Features/Stories into well understood and achievable tasks.
· Partner with Architects on the design and architecture for our team's deliverables.
· Be an active developer and contributor to the team’s delivery. Take the lead on solving and implementing difficult technology challenges and drive our team to successful delivery.
· Work closely with BA/QA team members to create test plans and ensure that issues are properly identified, fixed, and tested.
· Ensure development quality is being tracked and improved using techniques like Unit Testing and Peer Review.
· Cultivate and introduce (where appropriate) Agile engineering practices including: Pair Programming, Continuous Integration and Test Driven Development.
· Strengthen the presence of our team as a Technical center of excellence. Actively work with other leads to align to a consistent technology vision and keep the rest of the organization aware of our activities.
· Mentor team members to progress their technical and professional skills.
· Java – Expert-level implementation skills with JEE.
· Spring – Expert-level implementation skills with the Core Spring Framework and including other sub-projects like Spring JMS, Spring Security, Spring Data and Spring Integration.
· Database – Expert-level implementation skills with ORM frameworks like Hibernate/JPA or MyBatis. Must be highly proficient in SQL preferably across multiple databases
· Messaging – Expert-level implementation skills with messaging platforms like MQ and JMS.
· Services – Expert-level implementation skills in building highly scalable services (SOAP and REST)
· Application Servers – Broad and deep understanding of multiple application server platforms including Apache Tomcat and IBM WebSphere.
· General – Comfortable in more than one programming language and have a firm grasp of fundamental web/internet technologies.
· TDD – Must have practical experience with unit testing including deep understanding of Mock Testing Frameworks like EasyMock or Mockito.
· Continuous Integration – Experience automating builds with Maven using CI Servers like Jenkins.
· Automated Deployment – Experience with automated deployments using a tools like Rundeck
· Experienced mentor with the ability to work in a collaborative environment and coach other team members on coding practices, design principles, and implementation patterns that lead to high-quality maintainable solutions.
· Training/self-learning/exposure to cloud technologies/platforms like AWS, PCF. Preferably PCF
· Excellent communication skills in English (both written and spoken forms)
Nice to Have:
· Experience in building and deploying services in the cloud using platforms like PCF is a plus
· Experience with continuous delivery or continuous deployment is a plus
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.