JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
Our Firmwide Risk Function is focused on cultivating a stronger, unified culture that embraces a sense of personal accountability for developing the highest corporate standards in governance and controls across the firm. Business priorities are built around the need to strengthen and guard the firm from the many risks we face, financial rigor, risk discipline, fostering a transparent culture and doing the right thing in every situation. We are equally focused on nurturing talent, respecting the diverse experiences that our team of Risk professionals bring and embracing an inclusive environment.
Chase Consumer & Community Banking (CCB) serves consumers and small businesses with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, small business banking and lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. Consumer & Community Banking Risk Management partners with each CCB sub-line of business to identify, assess, prioritize and remediate risk. Types of risk that occur in consumer businesses include fraud, reputation, operational, credit, market and regulatory, among others
The Mortgage Modeling Challenge Model Lead will be a senior manager on the Risk Core Mortgage Modeling and Analytics team. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to use their experience with data manipulation, query efficiency techniques, reporting, and automation.
Additionally, the candidate will build a solid understanding of Chase Mortgage Banking businesses, functions, systems, data environments, and processes that are necessary for the production and utilization of data.
Responsibilities will include:
Working with a team of decision science professionals to develop best-in-class core risk and profitability models and decision support tools for all aspects of credit risk decision points across life-cycle of customers.
Ensuring that all risk models are in compliance with regulatory requirements and the Firm-wide model risk policy
Providing insights derived from the models and modeling exercise to support business strategies
Designing, developing, testing, and maintaining analytic applications needed for modeling, forecasting and model performance monitoring
Assisting the model development team with day to day analytics, analysis, and ad hoc work
Analyzing model results to identify and recommend improvement opportunities
Creating and maintaining technical and user documentation
Training customers on how to install and/or use custom built applications and data repositories
Developing and producing quarterly reporting deck highlighting forecast accuracy and portfolio trends for user testing monitoring
The candidate must have a sound understanding of data processing and reporting, as well as the tools used to access data and to produce reports. Knowledge and experience in statistical or econometric modeling is a significant plus. The candidate also must have the ability to partner with customers inside and outside of the department to understand their needs and to assist them in utilizing available tools and data. The ideal candidate will possess both strong technical skills and an understanding of real estate lending.
- Master's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or related fields
- Expert in generalized linear models, unsupervised and supervised machine learning algorithms
- Demonstrated experience with Big Data tools like Hadoop & Spark
- Demonstrated proficiency in advanced analytical languages such as R, Python, Scala, SAS
- Experience with traditional database/system languages (e.g. SAS, SQL, etc.) to collaborate with other data analysts/systems
- Ph.D. Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or related field
- Experience with implementing scalable machine learning/data mining algorithms making use of distributed/parallel processing
- Experience with model development in Financial Industry
- 8+ years of related analytical and industry experience
- Experience with UNIX shell scripting
- In addition to SAS, strong Excel, Access, Power Point, SharePoint and data mining skills programming skills are also preferred
- Ability to synthesize disparate data sources into actionable information
- Strong organization and time management skills. Must have the ability to deliver high-quality results under tight deadlines and be comfortable manipulating and summarizing large quantities of data. Should have good multi-tasking skills with demonstrated ability to manage expectations and deliver results.
- High level of professionalism, self-motivation, and sense of urgency
- Knowledge of version control tools and processes (Subversion, CVS, Clear Case, etc.)
- Knowledge of the mortgage lending lifecycle including origination, sale/servicing, default management/loss mitigation, credit risk modeling and loss forecasting methodology is a major plus
- Must be able make contributions to the group’s knowledge base by proposing new and valuable ways for approaching problems and projects. Teamwork and first-rate communication skills (written and verbal) are key to this role