This role is for an application developer to support the Asia Rates businesses which has trading desks across the APAC region (and some desks in London) encompassing not only different currencies and products but also varied regulatory environments. The candidate will need to work closely with the business and technology stakeholders to complete and own tasks from inception through to delivery. Tasks will include building out new functionality and extending existing features as well as providing support to the users, from both front office (Trading, Structuring, Sales), Trade Support, Finance, Market Risk and Quantitative Research (QR). This will also involve participation in Level 3 support to cover key business processes.
The role is in a fast paced environment thus the candidate must be able to adapt quickly to evolving requirements and drive their tasks to completion whilst working in an agile development environment. The candidate must also demonstrate the ability to satisfy the demands of multiple trading desks, and their support functions effectively.
Rates Technology supports the fixed income and derivatives businesses globally – covering front office and operations users pricing, risk and P&L, market data, Trade Capture and Transaction management.
· Responsible for the full development life cycle (requirements, development, testing, deployment and support)
· Hands on development and support of a range of systems covering a range of different technologies
· Direct interaction with many different users in the Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney and other Asia locations ranging from Front office, to Middle office to technology.
· Working with the global technology team to ensure that systems remain in-sync and global in nature.
· Working on the next generation of applications whilst making sure the existing stack is stable.
The role requires good soft skills to build relationships with the various user groups. It is also important to be a very strong technologist due to the range of systems and technologies involved. Knowledge of interest rate derivatives pricing, risk, P&L, trading will be an advantage.
· Good object oriented programming skills
· Ability to multi-task on systems written in different technologies and languages
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to communicate accurately, concisely and effectively in a global organization
· Excellent relationship management skills
· Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with sponsors and stakeholders
· Excellent time management and multi-tasking ability
· Structured approach and ability to work in fast pacing environment
· Attention to detail, high level of accuracy
· Financial background (preferably in Interest Rate Derivatives or Fixed Income Securities)
· Python programming or any other object oriented language
· Experience working on large global systems and being able to support local requirements
· Good understanding on pricing financial products, esp. fixed income securities
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.