As a NonStop/Tandem Database Engineer, you will maintain and utilize policies and procedures for ensuring that the JPMC NonStop/Tandem environments are performing in the most efficient manner and that the security and integrity of the NonStop/Tandem Pathway and Database environments are configured, implemented and maintained to the highest Bank and industry standards. Daily, project and program interaction targeted at Pathway and Database designs, configurations, placement, data access and table maintenance, resolution of Pathway and Database performance, database capacity, replication and other distributed data issues. Support daily or emergency procedures to resolve issues in production environments. Support the efforts of installing and maintaining Pathway and Database management and replication software.
In addition, the following specific skills are a requirement:
· 3 to 5 years of work experience in NonStop/Tandem.
· Solid skills in related System, Application and Database design, replication, performance factors, monitoring tools and tuning procedures.
· Strong Database Management skills, including backup and database recovery procedures.
· Strong understanding of Automation and the ability to automate repeatable functions, metrics, reporting.
· Strong communication skills both oral and written.
· Solid skills in productivity factors and the ability to understand the impact and remedy of problems on overall system and database performance.
· Strong knowledge of fault detection, analysis and resolution processes.
· Strong skills in maintenance tools and procedures.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.