The tools strategy lead will be responsible for planning the development schedule for a range of tools used to support the data management process. Data management is responsible for collecting meta-data, governance of data elements, creation of rules to monitor the quality of data elements and managing identified data quality issues through to resolution.
The tools strategy lead will work within the data management team and with internal clients to publish a strategy document that takes into consideration their goals. They will work with tool aligned product owners to plan out release content according to the strategy and ensure that progress against the strategy and releases is maintained. The tools strategy lead will be expected to communicate the plan for the tools under their responsibility to a wide range of audiences large and small.
This highly collaborative position requires an individual who has demonstrable product management and ownership skills. The ideal candidate understands that product management is cross-functional and involves development, research, client interaction, architecture, process mapping, resource planning, and general awareness of goals versus constraints. The position will be responsible for developing and driving a strategic tool roadmap and providing subject matter expertise.
- Responsible for maintaining product roadmaps and balancing internal and client demands to shape that roadmap.
- Collects strategic requirements, from both internal and client sources, translates them into actionable material for the product development process, and shepherds through the delivery process to meet client expectations.
- Helps clients solve problems and craft viable solutions that can be delivered according to the published plan.
- Works with external partners to promote data management tool offerings and socialize those offerings in a way that positions data management as the go-to partner for data quality needs.
- Works closely with IT partners to ensure that product demands are understood from an architectural perspective and that products delivered
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business, or related field
- 5 to 7 years of product or related experience
- Must have 3+ years experience working within a banking environment
- Experience writing product requirements and other customer-facing material
- An understanding of the software development cycle, agile development methodology and big data management
- Must have strong organizational skills to plan, organize and schedule resources
- Proven success working with a variety of internal/external teams at various levels of management
- Experience with technical concepts and working with technical staff as needed
- Ability to work independently and develop creative ways to achieve goals
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio, and SharePoint
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.