JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
Corporate Technology & Risk (CTR) delivers streamlined and consistent solutions supporting JPMorgan Chase’s Controls, Compliance, Legal, HR and IT Risk agendas, with a focus on stability, delivery, efficiencies and people. The goal of CTR’s drive to standardization, consistency and simplicity is a JPMorgan Chase architecture that fosters long-term productivity, quality and innovation across the entire enterprise. The disciplines within this organization are Compliance Technology, Oversight & Controls Technology, Legal & e-Discovery, Identity & Access Management, IT Risk & Controls, HR Real Estate & Global Services Technology, and Third Party Risk Management.
Technology Controls (TC) delivers streamlined and consistent solutions supporting JPMorgan Chase’s Controls and IT Risk agendas with a focus on risk reduction, stability, security, delivery, resiliency and efficiencies. TC’s focus on standardization, consistency and simplicity fosters long-term productivity, quality and innovation across JPMorgan Chase. The disciplines within this organization are Oversight & Controls Technology, Cloud Controls, Identity & Access Management, IT Risk & Controls, and Third Party Risk Management.
Global Identity & Access Management
Global Identity and Access Management provides identity and access management solutions for the firm's infrastructure and applications. The team ensures that appropriate access controls are in place and applied effectively and continuously.
As an Business Analyst in Technology Controls you will be a member of a cross functional team that defines and delivers new features and functionality to improve the controls enforced by our suite of applications.
Working with key stakeholders to identify the solutions that meet their needs
Defining user stories and acceptance criteria
Advising stakeholders on options, risks, and aligning of priorities
Obtaining stakeholder signoff
Creating user help for end users and internal support teams
Performing card (user story) sign-off
Providing direction for testing of new functionality
Facilitating implementation of new functionality through training and demonstrations
Collaborating with business users and technology partners at all levels
- Bachelor's degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field
- 8+ years of technical Business Analysis experience within a SDLC; desired Agile methods
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to work with business clients on a granular level
- Able to decompose business needs into small, buildable components that create straight forward solutions
- Ability to facilitate meetings among stakeholders
- Detail-oriented and ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness
- Results-oriented with a proactive approach to resolving problems
- Interest in information security and awareness of Identity and Access Management controls
- Experience with Gherkin Language and Cucumber a plus