As a member of the Infrastructure Engineering team, you'll play a big part in designing the platforms, servers, and networks make it possible for us to provide service to our customers, clients, and businesses around the globe each and every day. In this role you’ll call on your experience designing tailored solutions to understand the requirements of a project, test the performance of the infrastructure, and verify that the requirements have been successfully met. As a team, you and your peers will be responsible for driving results, collecting and analyzing monitoring data in test and production, and managing projects to completion. And while you will be part of a tight-knit team of engineers who shares your passion for technology, you’ll also gain access the best minds in the business—both as part of the JPMorgan Chase & Co. global technology community, and through our partnerships with some of the most important tech firms in the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
Proficient knowledge in the following key areas: Hardware Architecture (performance testing, monitoring, operations), Hardware Benchmarking (Agile, program managements, network management), Design (compliance, security), Network Engineering (planning, provision)
Intermediate understanding of LOB technology drivers and their impact on architecture design
Knowledge of more than one specific infrastructure technology
Thinks creatively to deliver solutions through continuous improvement
Description of the role
Server Operations (SO) is responsible for service support and delivery for JPMorgan Chase's Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI). Server Operations provides global, coordinated diagnostic and support services for over 30,000 servers, worldwide. Support functions leverage and execute industry-leading infrastructure management and support processes that are designed to minimize customer outages and impacts.
As a Tech Ops Analyst, you will be a technical member of the Server Operations organization, responsible for supporting the global Windows server estate. This includes working with business partners and peer groups to ensure quick recovery and minimal impact for identified issues. Following and maintaining documentation are important to the success of the engineer and the team as a whole.
- Support and maintain Windows based servers.
- Daily support of inbound incident volume, inbound calls, and other engagement vehicles.
- Troubleshoot and provide technical analysis concerning operating system, network, and application performance issues to resolution. Provide root cause analysis when needed.
- Respond to customer requests for configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting for infrastructure and business applications.
- Operating system remediation according to risk standards.
- Support patching, ticket queue maintenance, execution of change controls, anti-virus upgrades, and security remediation as needed.
- Effective and timely communication with partners in regard to downtime, project updates, and troubleshooting progress
- Maintain operating system and application software patch levels on all servers
- Manage changing daily priorities based on classification and impact.
- Provide detailed technical documentation as needed.
Can you help us maintain lifelong, engaged relationships with our customers and help us continue to build on our reputation of our performance brand in this dynamic role?
- 5-7 + years of Microsoft Windows Server Operating Systems Administration
- Experience in a large enterprise environment desired
- Microsoft HA Windows Clustering and Veritas Software foundations skill set desired.
- Well versed in TCP/IP, DNS, WINS, and Active Directory, with troubleshooting experience.
- Proven experience supporting Enterprise class infrastructure
- Experience supporting business critical application and infrastructure environments is required.
- Must have production environment experience along with SDLC and Change Control processes experience
- Excellent client interfacing skills, strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to work with various levels of management.
- Experience operating with colleagues across different time zones and flexibility in order to successfully interact and communicate on a global level.
Intermediate knowledge in the skills below a PLUS
- IIS 7.5, 7.0, 6.0, 5.0
- VMWare technology and ESX server (and troubleshooting experience)
- Storage technologies and connectivity
- Scripting (Power Shell is a plus) and task automation
- 3rd party application software desirable (and troubleshooting experience)
- Symantec Anti-Virus Products
- Automation skills plus
- Linux, AIX or Solaris OS admin skills a PLUS
- Windows Server Security and best practices
Our Global Technology Infrastructure Group is filled with innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you’ll use a disciplined, innovative and cost-effective approach to deliver a wide variety of high-quality products and services. You’ll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you—and the products you deliver—will thrive.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
©2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.