JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
The Corporate Technology (CT) organization develops applications and provides technology support for corporate functions across JPMorgan Chase, including Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and all functions within the Corporate Administrative Office (CAO).
CT teams are aligned with corporate partners’ evolving technology needs and the firm’s ever expanding technology controls agenda.
As a lead solution architect, you will provide blue prints which marry business requirements, technology standards and system engineering best practices. You will possess leadership skills and effective communications skills which help guide and influence effective delivery practices to produce application software that utilizes state of the art technologies and best practices. You will be able to traverse through various levels of detail which includes being a hands-on contributor who can mentor, drive code reviews, and create proof of concepts.
You will be accountable as a technical solutions architect for certain applications within the portfolio and thus should possess the required technical skills based on the technical stack (java, Ab Initio, Linux, internal/external cloud, and big data technologies including Hadoop). You will also be accountable for developing future state architectures and roadmaps with business and development partners and governing projects to those future state architectures.
- Decompose business requirements and strategies into well-defined architecture guidance for software development and infrastructure teams
- Creation of architecture artifacts including business context diagrams, conceptual, logical, security, and physical architectures. Data flow diagrams and entity relationships.
- Work with IT and business units to create investable and executable technical roadmaps
- Work with business stakeholders and gain support for critical technology investment decisions
- Act as a key advisor to senior IT and business leadership
- Scope and size technology investments
- Evaluate technologies, vendor solutions and applications
- Evangelize architecture best practices across JPMC in support of the firm-wide technology strategies
- Manage the application portfolio lifecycle, and champion IT assets that can be leveraged across lines of business
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to multi-task
· Ability to work at a high level with little detail.
· Good communication skills
The points below have been carefully considered as being essential for the role. Your background must accurately reflect all of these, with or without a reasonable accommodation, for your application to be considered.
- 15+ years of IT experience
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience as an software architect responsible for designing large complex IT solutions
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in collaborating directly with business partners to ensure technical solutions deliver on business objectives
- Demonstrated ability to leverage enterprise architecture principles to develop business strategies into investable technical roadmaps
- Very strong presentation and communication skills with experience providing communication to C level executives
- Financial services experience with a focus on consumer and small business banking
- Banking knowledge and direct exposure to credit card processing business principals
- Architecture experience with big data technologies, particularly Hadoop
- Information Architecture experience
- TOGAF certification
- Prior consulting experience