The role (Vice President)
The Pyramid Feeds Team is part of the Derivatives Trade Management suite of application.
It consists of various components that act as data provider to Regulatory, Collateral, Accounting, systems and other adhoc reporting needs.
The role demands proficiency in developing solutions for real time messaging and end of day bulk reporting, using Java, Sybase and messaging solutions.
Enhance the logic in complex stored procedures/Java code. Migrate components to the next Generation Pyramid model. Contribute to design reviews, proposals and build new solutions along with high focus on enhancing existing code and maintain production stability.
A hands-on team lead, who will coach and mentor the team, build a team of confident individuals.
· Work with subject matter experts to ensure that the solution meets business needs.
· Develop Java services and Sybase procedures leveraging the current platform and handling the current and projected volumes/executing the required business logic.
· Build with stability, efficiency, scalability, testability in mind.
· Testing, code quality and design skills are essential in this job.
· Should aspire to learn Derivatives domain and technology.
Business Area Description
The Global Equities Technology stack at J P Morgan is going through a strategic transformation (front to back). This is a multi-year program where the India Tech teams are involved heavily. The technology stack used is predominantly Core Java, C# .NET, C++ and Sybase. We are hiring in the areas of Front Office, Middle Office, Risk Management and Client Intelligence Technologies.
The India Equities Technology organization is 400+ within JPMorgan’s Corporate and Investment Bank (CIB) organization and covers the following functions
- Execution Services Technology comprising of:
o Electronic Trading o Flow Sales and Trading
- Risk Management and Structured products
- Middle office Trade Booking and Regulatory
- Shared Services (Architecture group, Shared components and QA)
- Client Intelligence
We are looking for highly talented and driven technologists who have a track record of delivering outstanding solutions in an investment bank or other fast-paced industry where first class solutions with 5 9’s uptime are the norm.
· Typically 10-15 years hands-on experience and recognized expert on Java. The candidate must be able to answer tough questions on these languages.
· Should have managed a team of 6 -7 people for 2-3 years.
· A role model and go-to person for the team for technology and project guidance
· Very pro-active, delivery focus, strong experience on Agile programming
· Good knowledge of the JVM with an understanding of performance and memory optimization.
· Open to new/different technologies.
· Strong OO design skills with good knowledge of object modelling and design patterns.
· Keen to understand and solve business related problems.
· Computer science background with an intellectual rigor
· Relational database experience; ideally Sybase/SQL.
· Experience of messaging e.g. AMQ, WebSphere MQ etc.
· Ability to solve complex problems and a p
· Strong communication and team-working skills
· Experience of working in financial services, in a front or middle-office environment.
· Understanding of equity / credit derivatives trading.
· Experience with NoSQL databases/ Caching technologies like GemFire.
To degree level, ideally in a computer science, mathematical or engineering discipline
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.