JP Morgan Intelligent Solutions
JPMorgan Intelligent Solutions (JPMIS) transforms JPMC data assets to create and commercialize information and solutions that enable consumers, businesses and governments to make better decisions and achieve their objectives. JPMIS also uses Big Data Technology to improve efficiency and information use within JPMC.
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible to provide high quality technology solutions that address business needs by developing applications within mature technology environments. You will adhere to coding standards, procedures and techniques while contributing to the technical code documentation.
You will participate in project planning sessions with project managers, business analysts and team members to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed technical solution. Primarily, you will participate in sprint planning, backlog grooming, and daily stand up discussions as part of an application development scrum team. You will participate in design reviews and provide input to the design recommendations, incorporate security requirements into design, and provide input to information/data flow, and understand and comply with Project Life Cycle Methodology in all planning steps. You will adhere to IT Control Policies throughout design, development, and testing and incorporate Corporate Architectural and Secure design Standards into application design specifications. Enforcement of development and testing standards will be achieved through regular code reviews of peers and enabling automated unit and functional testing. Additionally, you will work with your team to ensure proper documentation of detailed application specifications, translate technical requirements into programmed application modules, and develop and enhance software application modules. You will participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications, identify and troubleshoot application code-related issues, and review and provide feedback to the final user documentation. You will be expected to encourage collaboration within your team as well as across development teams.
The Senior Java Developer will work closely as part of the larger Application Development team with other Application Developers, Data Scientists, Business Analyst and Delivery Managers. You will,
Perform feasibility analysis on potential future projects and presents findings to management.
- Design, build and support applications in traditional and big data environment based on established design patterns and architectural standards.
- Work with other developers and Data Science team to implement descriptive analytics model meeting software development standards.
- Support existing applications.
- Over 8+ years of experience in Core Java
- Strong in core Java (Collections, Concurrency, etc )
- Some exposure to Python
- Strong understanding of Object oriented programming
- Excellent understanding in data structures and algorithms
- Understanding of JVM architecture (Java Heap, Garbage Collection, etc.)
- Experience with Spring, Hibernate, JPA
- Experience with design patterns (Singleton, Factory, Observer, etc.)
- Experience with git, maven, Jenkins
- Strong mathematical background is a plus (differential equations, Linear Algebra, probability, etc.)
- Experience with Numerical methods (root finding, matrix manipulation, integration, etc.)
- Able to communicate effectively with data science.
- Comfortable interfacing with a diverse set of people (Quants, Data Scientists, etc.)