JP Morgan Intelligent Solutions
JPMorgan Intelligent Solutions (JPMIS) transforms JPMC data assets to create and commercialize information and solutions that enable consumers, businesses and governments to make better decisions and achieve their objectives. JPMIS also uses Big Data Technology to improve efficiency and information use within JPMC.
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible to provide high quality technology solutions that address business needs by developing applications within mature technology environments. You will adhere to coding standards, procedures and techniques while contributing to the technical code documentation.
You will participate in project planning sessions with project managers, business analysts and team members to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed technical solution. Primarily, you will participate in sprint planning, backlog grooming, and daily stand up discussions as part of an application development scrum team. You will participate in design reviews and provide input to the design recommendations, incorporate security requirements into design, and provide input to information/data flow, and understand and comply with Project Life Cycle Methodology in all planning steps. You will adhere to IT Control Policies throughout design, development, and testing and incorporate Corporate Architectural and Secure design Standards into application design specifications. Enforcement of development and testing standards will be achieved through regular code reviews of peers and enabling automated unit and functional testing.
Additionally, you will work with your team to ensure proper documentation of detailed application specifications, translate technical requirements into programmed application modules, and develop and enhance software application modules. You will participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications, identify and troubleshoot application code-related issues, and review and provide feedback to the final user documentation. You will be expected to encourage collaboration within your team as well as across development teams.
The position requires excellence with Java/J2EE Enterprise web development and developing all tiers of an application (middleware and database). It requires knowledge of the Spring framework and Object Oriented methodology of design and development.
- 8+ years of software engineering work experience
- Solid application design, coding, testing, maintenance and debugging skills
- 5+ years of work experience in a client server environment
- Advanced experience in Java, J2EE, Spring, multi-threaded applications, and web service programming and design patterns
- Design and develop applications using Java 8, Spark SQL, Spark Streaming, Kafka, Hdfs,
- Solid understanding of Test Driven Development, JUnit, Mockito, Maven, Apache Tomcat, Repository Management (Git)
- Good knowledge of NoSQL and SQL
- Knowledge of version and revision control practices and procedures