J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm, established over 200 years ago:
o We are the leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
o We have assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide
o We operate in more than 100 markets.
o We have more than 243,000 employees globally.
Our wholesale businesses include J.P. Morgan’s Asset Management, Commercial Banking and the Corporate & Investment Bank which provide products and services to corporations, governments, municipalities, non-profits, institutions, financial intermediaries and high-net worth individuals and families.
Our corporate functions support the entire organization and include the following functions: Accounting, Audit, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, and Technology.
J.P. Morgan in India provides a comprehensive range of Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Asset & Wealth Management, and Corporate functions services and solutions to our clients, executing some of the most important financial transactions and providing essential strategic advice to our clients such as the government, large domestic and multi-national corporations, non-government organizations and financial institutions and investors. India is a key market for JPMorgan Chase globally and our employees in India are a critical part of how we do business globally and are integrated within our businesses. Our Global Service Centers (GSCs) are strategically positioned in Mumbai, Bangalore and Hyderabad to support the firm’s operations regionally and globally. The centers provide comprehensive strategic support across technology and business operations processing to all lines of business and the corporate functions.
Overview of Job Role:
The primary objective of the Data Management and Pricing team is to take complete responsibility for all tasks involved in the creation and maintenance of the data in the Private Banks processing systems across different product palettes. This role requires attention to detail, an awareness of the risks involved and an ability to work under pressure and deadlines.
· Set up & Maintenance of PB product palette (equities, fixed income, mutual funds, and alternatives) including asset and risk classification for reporting and rebalancing purposes.
· Set up & Maintenance of the Swift templates and Broker information.
· MTM Valuation of Equities, Fixed Income, Mutual Funds, Listed Options & Alternatives.
· On-going controls on data quality and process improvements
· Extensive liaison with multiple operations groups like Middle office, Cash Processing, Asset Servicing, Transfers, Reconciliation, etc.
· Performance management of the team
· Effectively handle escalations and manage the communications to various stake holders
· Facilitate training development to internal staff
· Constantly motivate and provide relevant feedbacks to the team
Key Performance Areas
Activities / Tasks
Risk & Control
Training & Development
1.Develop ways to ensure high accuracy in static data creations & maintenance
2. Facilitate training and development for team.
3. Timely reporting of process metrics and constantly increases the targets to achieve efficiency.
4. Proactive approach to problem solving, taking ownership of issues and having the determination to bring the issues to the closure.
5. Identify process improvement opportunities and record the hard or soft saves.
6. Developing of individual scorecards and provide monthly feed backs to improve performance.
7. Actively participate and manage global & local initiatives.
Process Specific tasks:
1. Securities Pricing:
- Pricing of equities, fixed income, derivatives, hedge funds etc from Bloomberg, S&P, IDC, Clearstream etc.
- Stale price and variance control checks.
2. Securities setup:
- Setting up equities, fixed income, hedge funds, derivatives etc on the security master database.
- Active participation in technology calls by giving ideas for enhancing the business rules.
- Ability to suggest quick manual work around solutions for meeting the immediate front office/middle business requirements till such time the technology solution comes in place.
3. Partnering with various vendors through calls and review sessions for business rules enhancements.
4. Knowledge of regulations impacting the reference data and pricing functions.
5. Ability to comprehend the upstream and downstream impact of any incorrect pricing of asset or any incorrect assetsetup.
Must be very detailed oriented
Flexible with multiple shifts
1. Excellent in written & verbal business communication skills
2.Good understanding of Products traded on stock exchange and their individual characteristics
3. Knowledge and understanding of Trade life cycle.
4. Advance knowledge of MS office (Excel, word & power point)
5. Assertive in giving feedbacks and communication
6. Excellent problem solving skills
7. Ability to develop and maintain good relationship with various stakeholders.
Graduate preferably in Commerce stream
4 – 6 years of experience in Securities Operations preferably in reference data & pricing functions.
Being expert in MS Office. It would be preferable to have a candidate with advance excel knowledge and ability to develop macros.
· Strong Microsoft Office skills with proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Visio
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.