J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm, established over 200 years ago:
o We are the leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
o We have assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide
o We operate in more than 100 markets.
o We have more than 243,000 employees globally.
Our wholesale businesses include J.P. Morgan’s Asset Management, Commercial Banking and the Corporate & Investment Bank which provide products and services to corporations, governments, municipalities, non-profits, institutions, financial intermediaries and high-net worth individuals and families.
Our corporate functions support the entire organization and include the following functions: Accounting, Audit, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, and Technology.
Analyst, Reporting Operational Risk Data Aggregation & Reporting - India
Operational Risk Data Aggregation & Reporting (Analyst Role)
Operational Risk Governance (“ORG”) is a function within Independent Risk Management responsible for developing the firmwide Operational Risk Management Framework (“ORMF”) and overseeing its implementation across Lines of Business (“LOBs”) and functions. Within ORG, Corporate Operational Risk (“COR”) is responsible for the development and maintenance of the firmwide Operational Risk Governance Policy and associated standards. These standards direct and assist LOBs and Corporate Functions on how to manage and mitigate the operational risk inherent in their activities and improve understanding of the Firm's operational risk exposure. Operational Risk Officers (“OROs”) independently challenge LOBs and Corporate Functions on their implementation of the ORMF and adherence to the Operational Risk Policy and associated standards.
The role described in this job specification is for an Associate in Operational Risk Governance (“ORG”).
The Analyst is responsible for gathering, comparing and enriching various sets of data across first and second lines of operational risk defenses. These reports will be sent to the ORO for completion. These reports will support ORG’s independent opinion of operational risk across LOBs, Functions and the Firm.
Key Responsibilities include:
· Aggregate data across lines of business/corporate functions/regions for reporting critical information
· Execute various data integrity checks on source data used in monthly and quarterly reports
· Engage in various data analytic functions across the firm from multiple sources and formats
· Proactively communicate reporting modifications and process changes to contributors based on senior management requests and personal observations.
· Ensure key trends, issues and watch items are brought forward from the metrics into management summaries clearly.
· Assist in real-time risk detection and communicate escalation items to executive management to improve transparency and enhance risk monitoring.
· Support the NY-based Operational Risk Reporting and Data Analytics team on monthly deliverables and ad hoc projects driven by Operational Risk Officers.
· Work closely with the Data Gathering team and Controls Room lab to automate data feeds and standardize reporting.
· Assist in the development and maintenance of reporting procedures and controls in accordance with regulations.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.