J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
The Discretionary Projects team supports a number of technology programs that impact the Managed Solutions and Strategy (MSS) team. The team is a main point of contact for MSS Front Office for initiatives and change management across all products for the International Private Bank. In addition, the team also work in collaboration with the MSS Middle Office team supporting clients in the Private Banking legal entities in Asia, EMEA and Latin America from a hub based in Edinburgh, Geneva & Mumbai.
Being part of the Projects & Business Innovation Support team, the successful candidate will be working in conjunction with our internal partners including Operations, Technology, Product, Business Management, Portfolio Managers and Technology. Our team executes various Programs that provide solutions to optimise business flows, bring efficiencies and keep our platform compliant with regulations applicable to our legal entities and branches.
The principal objective of the team is to provide subject matter expertise of the MSS investment teams priorities within the technology change programs. MSS will refer to this team to drive forward priorities, understand and document the impact of operating model changes.
The team is responsible for driving process improvements and technical changes to applications used by MSS. We work in partnership with Technology, Products Development, Middle Office, Legal and Compliance. It will be beneficial the candidate has strong operational background able to work with broader groups supporting the Front Office.
The candidate must have the ability to drive the strategic objective and communicate appropriately. In addition they must demonstrate an exceptional capacity to exercise good judgement under pressure.
This is a unique opportunity to gain an in depth knowledge of all operational flows and contribute to a growing international business in a fast paced and innovative environment.
The candidate should have relevant project management experience ideally in a bank, fund administrator or financial institution and looking to take on a new challenge in a growing, fast paced and ever changing environment.
Candidates should in addition have the following attributes:
• Be responsible for the planning, management and delivery of projects through a project plan and engagement of stakeholders,
• Determine the milestones and underlying requirements to deliver the project plan in conjunction with stakeholders across the various functional groups (Legal, Technology, Middle Office, Business Management),
• Manage and prioritize initiatives that are requested by stakeholders,
• Plan and perform testing of new functionality and regression testing,
• Provide updates on the project status to senior management and stakeholders,
• Must be highly disciplined, a self starter, and have the ability to deliver on assignments independently.
• Adaptability to learn new tasks and demonstrate a willingness to understand the details of a process.
• Strong ownership with ability to operate in a flexible, dynamic environment where creative and strategic thinking are also required in driving solution, initiatives and projects
• Strong team player with good communication skills, ability to work in collaboration building strong rapport with peers
• Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure to meet deadlines
• Strong organizational and prioritization skills
• High level of integrity
• Strategic thinking with the ability to implement and manage day-to-day tasks,
• Identify critical requirements and potential gaps by understanding complex and interdependent processes.
Previous experience in middle office and/or strategic planning, operating model development and data analysis and/or consulting would be highly beneficial. A background in investment management would be very relevant.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.I/PO
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.