JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of > $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) is the technology infrastructure organization for the firm, delivering a wide range of products and services, and partnering with all lines of business to provide high quality service delivery, exceptional project execution and financially disciplined approaches and processes in the most cost effective manner. The objective of GTI is to balance both business alignment and the centralized delivery of core products and services. GTI is designed to address the unique infrastructure needs of specific lines of business and the demand to leverage economies of scale across the firm.
The Enterprise Compute Services (ECS) organization within GTI plays a critical role in providing and supporting global enterprise systems that host business applications at the core of JPMorgan Chase’s business. These applications support the full range of businesses at the firm including wholesale, high volume consumer, and high net worth clients.
This position will be a member of JPMorganChase & Co's Global Technical Infrastructure Enterprise Compute Services DB2 for z/OS Systems Engineering team. As part of this high performance group, this individual will design and deliver software engineering solutions, partner with the software vendors to drive product innovation, and automate deployment of the solutions for the firm’s DB2 systems in a Plexed environment.
This high-energy, results-oriented job requires:
- A balance of strong technical skills and business processes
- Proficiency in REXX/CLIST scripting
- Strong experience installing software and operating at a systems level with a strong bias towards automated deployment and operations experiences
- Work schedule flexibility
- Adaptability to challenging business conditions
- A commitment to customer satisfaction
- Installation of new software product versions/releases
- Research and apply proactive software maintenance
- Provide input to management on infrastructure architecture opportunities
- Conduct Production Readiness Inspections of change events, assessing impacts and risks
- Develop wellness check scripts, processes and procedures
- Contribute to Root Cause Investigation
- Document changes to infrastructure configuration
- Develop scripting to automate systems engineering tasks (eg, new subsystem builds, maintenance implementations)
The ideal candidate has extensive, proven experience in installing / configuring / implementing DB2 for z/OS solutions in a large IT environment, project leadership skills, and scripting skills. This job will encompass a variety of DB2 for z/OS system software installation / maintenance / support assignments, ISV product functionality comparisons, de-commissioning of existing products, installing new products, transitioning products from test to QA to production environments, and developing automated deployment solutions.
This position is anticipated to require the use of one or more High Security Access (HSA) systems. Users of these systems are subject to enhanced screening which includes both criminal and credit background checks, and/or other enhanced screening at the time of accepting the position and on an annual basis thereafter.The enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment.
- BS Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or MIS or equivalent industry experience
- 5+ years of DB2 systems programming experience in a mainframe z/OS operating system environment
- Experience with USS (Unix System Services)
- Experience with z/OS ISPF, JCL, and JES2
- IBM Program Product installation experience
- Independent Software Vendor (ISV) installations
- Experience with CA/ACF2 and RACF
- Preferred experience:
- Proven REXX/CLIST scripting skills
- DB2 on z/OS v10
- Monitoring tools
- DB2-related ISV tools and problem solving tools