J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
J .P. Morgan’s Global Commodities Group (GCG provides clients with market making, risk management, financing capabilities and financial solutions across the full spectrum of commodities. The group’s expertise in key products across energy, metals and agricultural commodities serves as an important complement to the firm’s investment banking, M&A advisory and capital markets capabilities.
The role of the Business Control Officer (BCO) is to focus on the GCG end to end control environment spanning all of the primary functions from voice and e-trading execution, market risk, model risk, credit risk, operations, technology, product control and through to legal & compliance. The GCG BCO team is part of a wider Markets BCO team which reports into the CAO of the Corporate and Investment Bank.
The GCG Business Control Officer (BCO) will lead the GCG control agenda and will provide support to key stakeholders in all aspects of Front Office Supervision, e-Trading, Physical and Financial Trading, Conduct and Operational. The BCO will lead risk identification and risk mitigation as well as the execution, implementation and enhancements of key Front Office controls.
The BCO will interact with multiple lines of business and corporate functions and will need to be able to work effectively with senior executives of the firm. The BCO will need to establish very strong relationships within GCG that includes business heads, desk heads, traders, business managers and keys business partners such as Product Control, Technology, Market Risk, Operations, Compliance etc. The BCO will need to develop a deep understanding of the business, its control challenges, the architecture and products. The candidate should be interested in working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, participating in key initiatives and becoming involved in a diverse set of issues that will have a direct impact on the organization.
Key responsibilities include
- Facilitate GCG control governance and help manage conduct and operational risk and control agenda
- Assist with Front Office supervision reporting and management
- Front Office Supervision reporting and oversight including exception management
- Identify and remediate control gaps
- Provide input into further enhancements of Front Office Supervision portal
- Supervisory attestations reporting - tracking and evidencing of business executive attestation
- Standard operating procedures documentation and implementation
- Control and regulatory governance management
- Assist with reporting, administration and running of GCG Business Control Forums (BCFs) and related control meetings with support functions
- Prep for internal and external regulatory & control meetings/reviews e.g. audits, regulatory exams, compliance reviews
- Facilitate tracking and resolution of operations risk issues & actions
- Assist with investigation, documentation and escalation of Operational risk events/errors
- Perform thematic and desk specific control deep dives
- Facilitate annual Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) and on-going updates and maintenance of GCG RCSA