JP Morgan Chase is a leading global financial services firm and one of the largest banking institutions in the U.S., with operations worldwide and assets of $2.5 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
Firmwide Risk Management is overseen and managed on an enterprise-wide basis. The Firm’s approach to risk management covers a broad spectrum of economic and other core risk areas, such as credit, market, liquidity, model, principal, country, operational, compliance, conduct, legal, capital and reputation risk, with controls and governance established for each area, as appropriate
Within the broader Risk organization, the Risk Controllers are focused on (1) Designing, executing, and providing oversight of controls to verify completeness and accuracy of Risk data for internal risk management and external risk reporting purposes. (2) Aligning Firmwide Risk information with external disclosures creating an integrated view of Finance & Risk. (3) Producing SEC and External Regulatory Reporting in compliance with evolving requirements all within a rewarding and fulfilling work environment.
As a Risk Controller Executive Director the ideal candidate will lead a team responsible for end to end control design and execution supporting Risk reporting, including CCAR and SEC reporting; documentation of controls and ultimately reporting controls status. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Proactively building partnerships across select Finance, Risk, Operations and Technology areas to understand the data flow from inception to report at a line item level and articulating to senior management.
· Engaging with Subject Matter Experts and other key stakeholders to implement key Regulatory deliverables for the Risk Controllers organization and the Firm as a whole.
· Maintaining strong working relationships with Risk & Finance and line of business partners, facilitating an effective control environment and syndicating the status of that environment to senior management.
· Finance related Bachelor’s degree required; Risk / Controller / CCAR or SEC reporting experience helpful
· 10+ years of experience in financial services
· Solid understanding of finance processes, infrastructure and systems
Communication / Influence
· Excellent ability to quickly learn and assimilate business and technical knowledge, and confidently speak about these processes
· Ability to lead and influence within a matrix structure and communicate effectively at many levels of the organization including senior management
· Proven ability to work across diverse groups, build consensus and execute the agreed plans
· Overall strong desktop skills including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and other Office applications
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.