Chase is the U.S. consumer and commercial banking business of JP Morgan Chase &Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.3trillion and operations in more than 60 countries We serve more than 50 million consumers and small businesses through more than 5,600 bank branches, 18,700 ATMs, credit cards, mortgage offices and online and mobile banking as well as through relationships with auto dealerships.
Within Chase, Merchant Services is a leading provider of merchant services, offering proprietary platforms that enable integrated solutions for all payment types, including credit, debit, prepaid stored value and electronic check processing as well as digital, alternative and mobile payment options.
As a Chase employee, you’ll be part of a company that makes a real difference every day for our customers, our communities and us. With a focus on customer service, you’ll put others first, do what’s right and create solutions that make lives better. We invite you to build your career on our strong foundation and help shape what’s next for you and for us.
The Chase Merchant Services Quality Assurance team is looking for Java/Selenium Automation Developer. The primary responsibility is to ensure that the Merchant Services product solutions we deliver to our customers are of the highest quality with very few defects. You will work closely with our technology partners in Business, Development and Quality Assurance to ensure that what we build easily converts the technical specifications and user stories to automated test scenarios that validate the business intent of the product. The successful candidate will have a working knowledge of automated agile methodologies (TDD/BDD) and possess the ability to implement those methodologies across the development life cycle. The successful candidate will possess the skills necessary to successfully drive the implementation of automated unit, acceptance and regression tests with a focus on early automation, dynamic data conditioning and automation framework enhancements.
- Work as a member of an agile team, representing Quality Assurance.
- Design, develop and execute test scripts based on agile user stories provided by the business.
- Work with appropriate business and technology leads to determine the acceptable range for test results and performance.
- Develop an automation test strategy for new and existing Merchant Services products.
- Enhance test frameworks and develop, maintain and execute automated tests using Selenium/Java.
- Work with development groups to implement suitable continuous integration (CI) frameworks enabling early discovery of defects and higher quality software.
- Work proactively with developers, managers and business partners to communicate and enforce testing schedules and deliverables.
- Work with agile teams to reduce manual/repetitive tasks and assist with writing test automation cases
- Analyze user stories and functional test scripts and apply automation criteria to determine automation applicability
- Adopt best practices when developing automation code including comment documentation, maintainability, and data-driven development
- Partner with peers and management team to continuously improve testing methods, process, techniques and use of tools
- Perform testing for projects - both manual and automated as applicable
- 5+ years of experience in Quality Assurance including ALM/Quality Center
- 5+ years of experience creating detailed test cases/scripts for technical and/or business clients
- 5+ years of experience in manual testing, testing tools, writing test plans, and reviewing test cases
- 3+ years technology based development experience with Automated Testing Frameworks using Selenium/Java
- 3+ years of experience with SQL and various system to system integration formats
- Knowledge or expertise of middleware development platforms like Oracle Tuxedo
- Experience in Oracle, HP-UX/LINUX
- Experience with XML, SOAP, JSON
- Experience with Scrum methodology
- Knowledge of Security, Authentication, and Encryption
- Knowledge of Payment Processing
- Ability to negotiate, communicate and deliver effective Automated Test solutions to both Development and QA organizations
- Virtual Automation Infrastructure/Cloud environment knowledge a plus
- Excellent organization and communication skills (written, oral and presentation)
- Experience in use of MS Office products for both analysis and presentation