Marketing Manager Chase Pay Merchant Relationship Manager: Grocery Description Chase Pay is a key growth opportunity for JPMorgan Chase. It is a digital wallet that provides simple, rewarding and secure buying experiences for more than 60 million Chase card customers. Chase Pay selling and marketing efforts will be focused on most frequently shopped merchant categories; in Grocer, customers shop on average 2-3X a week. The Marketing Manager will have responsibility for the roll-out and on-going management of Chase Pay across Grocery merchants. The Marketing Manager will support the sell-in process to gain Chase Pay acceptance at these merchants and build knowledge of the category that can be leveraged into specific business agreements and marketing plans for launch. After launch, the Marketing Manager will serve as the primary point of contact and collaborate with merchant partners to deliver superior customer experience and business solutions that meet both Chase and merchant goals. In addition to managing external partnerships, the Marketing Manager is expected to work closely and effectively across JPMC lines of businesses – especially Chase Merchant Services (CMS) and Chase Consumer Bank that own new and existing merchant relationships – and cross-functionally within Chase Card Services for the launch and on-going management of Chase Pay in merchant partners.
Responsibilities Sales Support and Contract Execution
• Work with Chase Merchant Services sales team to deliver compelling business case for Chase Pay acceptance
• Coordinate organizational support across Chase Consumer Bank • Aid in negotiation of final terms and contract approval Marketing Planning and Execution
• Develop joint and goal-based Chase and merchant marketing plans for Chase Pay introduction and adoption at the merchant partner
• Execute joint marketing plans tailored to vertical and merchant-specific characteristics across Chase-owned and merchant-owned assets and channels
• Partner with the Chase Pay marketing team to develop holistic and coordinated launch support efforts
• Track marketing expenditures by Chase and merchant as required by contractual terms
• Develop and monitor key metrics (spend, engagement, revenue) within assigned categories and key merchants to ensure focus and effective investment. Partnership Opportunities
• Build knowledge base (expert interviews, primary research, common experience with merchants) to better understand merchant and category pain points. Ensure learning is fed back into sales cycle, product development and marketing efforts.
• Creatively collaborate with merchants to leverage the full resources of JP Morgan Chase to meet merchant business goals and deepen our partnership.
• 8+ years in marketing and/or relationship management role
• Ability to work effectively across JPMC organization and assume leadership roles to drive results
• Strategic thinking and strong inter-personal skills to drive merchant partnerships.
• Direct or indirect experience and category knowledge in Traditional Retail and/or Grocery
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.