JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
The Corporate Technology (CT) organization develops applications and provides technology support for corporate functions across JPMorgan Chase, including Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and all functions within the Corporate Administrative Office (CAO).
CT teams are aligned with corporate partners’ evolving technology needs and the firm’s ever expanding technology controls agenda.
A top CT priority is building scalable corporate systems. Teams focus on:
- Responding to the evolving regulatory environment and helping to meet the firm’s regulatory commitments by addressing internal and external commitments.
- Advancing the firm’s Roadmap programs -- Single Sourcing of data, Architecture Convergence, and Rationalization of Platforms.
- Adopting industry leading technologies to support best-in-class business capabilities for high performance computing and data storage solutions.
- Driving innovation across the firm’s corporate technology portfolio, increasing efficiencies through process automation, and agile application development, with an emphasis on user experience and shorter development cycles.
- Investing in security & controls for cyber, access/entitlements uplift, data protection and application resiliency.
The Corporate Compliance AML Client List Screening technology team part of CT supports regulatory and compliance requirements of the Compliance line of business with applications that monitor and report on suspected anti-money laundering activities via screening activities of individuals and companies. Existing applications continue to be re-tooled and expanded to include global capabilities. We partner with our clients on evolving business capabilities, improving end user experience with our solutions and services, and ensuring that we continue to provide continuous improvement on the systems that are relied upon across the firm.
The AML CLS team is looking for a strong database developer with either scripting (Perl, power shell) or Java/OOP working knowledge who will be responsible for developing, testing and maintaining new and existing databases. The candidate will be expected to participate in support of both existing infrastructure and new strategic initiatives with heavy DB components
In this role, you will be responsible to:
- Participate in aspects of the software development process including, requirements, designing, coding, unit testing, quality assurance, and deployment
- Work in a collaborative team of software professionals
- Ensure adherence to architecture standards, risk management and security policies.
- Design, analyze, develop, code, test, debug and document in solving business problems for one or more business areas
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software maintenance, improvements and upgrades
- Assume responsibility for issue resolution for production systems and provide tier 2-3 production support
5+ years of experience using Core Oracle PL/SQL, T-SQL, SQL Plus, Stored Procedure, triggers, function and packages.
Experience with Oracle 11g/12c, SQL Server and IBM DB2.
Developing requirements, designing, developing, building, and analyzing database management systems to include database modeling and design, relational database architecture, metadata and repository creation, database performance optimization and configuration management.
Excellent analytical, communication, organizational and problem-solving skills coupled with a strong work ethic.
Ability to translate requirements into technical architecture.
Demonstrate ownership and good skills on problem management, problem solving and prevention of SLA breach under Incident / Problem Management processes.
Strong understanding of programming paradigms such as distributed architectures and multi-threaded program design.
Knowledge of and experience in the implementation of database best practices.
Experience in database design and some logical modeling knowledge.
Must have strong knowledge in Object oriented development, version control, release management, change management.
Desired experience with Mule ESB
Desired experience in Unix shell script and Power shell script
Desired experience working with onshore teams
Desired experience with Scrum, Agile methodologies.
Desired experience with Java SE, EE and Open Source Frameworks