About J.P. Morgan: J.P. Morgan is a leader in financial services, working in collaboration across the globe to deliver the best solutions and advice to meet our clients’ needs, anywhere in the world. We operate in 150 countries, and hold leadership positions across our businesses. We have an exceptional team of employees who work hard to do the right thing for our clients and the firm, every day. This is why we are one of the most respected financial institutions in the world – and why we can offer you an outstanding career.
RFS – Country Risk – Application Developer-BLR
Business Area: Country Risk Technology
Role: Application Developer
Business Area Description:
Risk Technology drives and executes the technology agenda for several Risk Management groups:
- Credit Risk Management across the Wholesale Bank
- Market Risk
- Country Risk
Country Risk platform performs MTM Stress calculations for many different financial products under simulated stress conditions for a crisis country. The application provides the ability to slice and dice exposure metrics using various dimensions. The calculation engine is built using Core Java and leverages Multi-threading. The front end is built using Ext-JS. The system needs to be able to scale and operate under high load.
Financial products that will be supported by the platform include cash securities, interest rate, foreign exchange, equity derivatives, commodities, and credit derivatives.
The team has a large book of work with key objective of Simplifying Technology Architecture & Operating Model, Providing Scalable solutions & Resilient Infrastructure, and Improving Data Quality and Management to support Business Growth and new/changing Regulatory Requirements along with the reduction of offline manual processes. With this vision we primary focus for the team is the design, development and support of a state of the art Country Risk while working on Next Gen platform built on Big Data stack. The working environment is competitive and demanding but one where result driven delivery and problem solving skills are rewarded.
The team is located across Bangalore and New York. The team will work very closely with business colleagues in New York.
Role & Responsibilities:
We are after Application Developer that:
- Have 5+ years relevant work experience
- Strong background of Implementing solutions to address challenges in handling large data volumes, business process flow and aggregation logic
- Are willing to taking ownership of deliverables by participating in the end to end process from planning and requirements analysis through implementation, testing, and release to production
- Stay current with their skills and are interested in learning and using new technologies like Big Data stack
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills- the ability to think out of the box to provide creative solutions to technology challenges
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate successfully in a cross-functional environment
- Provide Developer (Level 2) support for the application
- Honours Bachelor's Degree
- Strong Object Oriented analysis, development and implementation skills
- Strong designing skills and embrace SOLID principles
- Proficiency in Core Java, Multi-Threading and Spring framework
- Experience in writing Unit/Integration tests
- Willingness to learn Big Data Stack - Apache Spark, Kafka and Hadoop ecosystem and apply them to solve risk aggregation and reporting involving billions of data points
- Financial Domain Knowledge
- Agile Methodologies (Scrum, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration)
- Web testing automation using Selenium or equivalent
- Testing automation using Fitnesse, cucumber or equivalent
JPMorgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is actively seeking to hire the best people from a diverse pool of talent.
Java & Oracle