J.P. Morgan Asset and Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
Asset Wealth Management Operations is located at the Newark Corporate Center in Newark, Delaware. The group is made up of roughly 600 employees performing support functions for the Front and Middle Office groups that are located in Delaware, New York, and Columbus, Ohio. Functions in Investment Products Middle Office include Alternative Investments support, several brokerage trade support desks, Global Portfolio Implementation, and JPMorgan Securities servicing.
The Asset Wealth Management Alternative Investments business continues to be one of the fastest growing segments of the AWM. AWM global assets under management exceed $60 billion making us one of the largest Alternatives shops in the world. Hedge fund flows consistently surpass $1 billion per month and private equity deals raise several billion dollars in new commitments each year.
The Alternative Investment Middle Office plays a key role in supporting the business. The Project Management role centers on supporting and managing projects for various initiatives related to the Alternative Investment platform (i.e., process improvements, systems enhancements and application development/support). The role involves development and ongoing management of requirements docs, implementation plans, and project plans. It requires excellent communication, interpersonal, technical and project management skills. It also requires an ability to efficiently deliver high caliber results on multiple initiatives. Project management and experience in the securities industry is required; experience related to Private Equity and/or Hedge Funds is preferred.
- Project lead within the Alternatives Mid Office responsible for documenting business requirements, ensuring technology understands the requirements, traceability to the Functional Specification Document (FSD), and monitoring overall progress of the project (e.g. milestone tracking)
- Lead and/or participate in project meetings and represent the team's vision accordingly with both business and technology partners; documentation of meeting minutes are required
- Gain insight into the current tools/operating models via knowledge share sessions, become a subject matter expert in support of the Alternative Investments business
- Engage in new design discussions and document existing and future workflow processes
- Provide continuous feedback on project status to management and impacted stakeholders; update project tracker(s)
- Hold project participants and stakeholders accountable
- Write test scripts, perform User Acceptance Testing (UAT), and production checkouts
- Establish conversion plan and execute it accordingly (if needed)
- Assist with developing training materials (if necessary), coordinate/conduct pilot training sessions (if needed)
• Series 99 or 7 Certification; license will be required 120 days after start date
• Strong background in testing, defect management, and release management
• Minimum of 3 years project management experience in financial services
• Minimum of 3 years experience in financial services or equivalent experience
• Strong Microsoft Office skills
• Must be highly disciplined, a self-starter, and have the ability to execute on assignments independently
• Team player and demonstrated work ethic
• Ability to multi-task
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong capacity for operating in a flexible, dynamic environment where creative and strategic thinking
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Strong interpersonal and business communication skills
• Undergraduate degree
• Experience working on digital/website initiatives
• Understanding of sophisticated financial/investment products
• Experience with alternative investments and/or alternative investments operations
• Experience using Microsoft Access, Visio, SharePoint, ALM/Quality Center, or JIRA a plus