JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
The Corporate Technology (CT) organization develops applications and provides technology support for corporate functions across JPMorgan Chase, including Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and all functions within the Corporate Administrative Office (CAO).
CT teams are aligned with corporate partners’ evolving technology needs and the firm’s ever expanding technology controls agenda.
A top CT priority is building scalable corporate systems. Teams focus on:
· Responding to the evolving regulatory environment and helping to meet the firm’s regulatory commitments by addressing internal and external commitments
· Advancing the firm’s Roadmap programs -- Single Sourcing of data, Architecture Convergence, and Rationalization of Platforms
· Adopting industry leading technologies to support best-in-class business capabilities for high performance computing and data storage solutions
· Driving innovation across the firm’s corporate technology portfolio, increasing efficiencies through process automation, and Agile application development, with an emphasis on user experience and shorter development cycles
· Investing in security & controls for cyber, access/entitlements uplift, data protection and application resiliency
Legal Tech supports legal functions covering Matter Management, Legal Holds, Financial Management, Document & Knowledge Management, and Billing.
In the role of Software Engineer for Legal Technology, you will work in a collaborative team of software professionals and be responsible for the analysis, design, development, and testing to satisfy business requirements. You will be working directly with business analysts, project managers and other development team members in the development of innovative technology solutions including user interfaces, middle-tier and server-side components, and will need to ensure adherence to architecture standards, risk management, and security policies.
The iManage team is responsible for developing and maintaining a document management system that is being used globally by users in the Legal department of JPMC.
Software Engineer Role – Responsible for developing the Document Management system through:
· Design, develop, document and support core iManage functionality.
· Work in an agile environment geared towards delivering quality code with minimal issues. Need to be adept in agile methodologies such as Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment.
· Collaborate to establish ‘best practices’ in coding standards.
· Champion new technology transitions by learning them quickly, becoming a subject matter expert and producing proofs of concept to determine the technology stack.
· Identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives to foster innovation.
Collaborate across multiple development teams while maintaining good communication to ensure smooth rollout of framework releases.
Primary Skills – Candidate should possess the following skills/experience:
· Bachelors or higher in a related scientific or technical discipline.
· Minimum of 9+ years’ Experience with application development on Windows platform preferred.
· Good understanding of .NET, C#, Web Services, SQL Server required
· Knowledge of Agile Methodology preferred.
· Good analytical and problem solving skills, ability to execute and solve complex problems independently
· Solid understanding of object oriented design methodologies
· Demonstrated experience with producing efficient and maintainable code following Agile SDLC
· Strong understanding of database concepts and experience with a relational database SQL Server
· Solid analytical and problem solving skills
· A proven team member with excellent communications skills
· Attention to detail and time-management skills
· Ability to collaborate with team from various geographies
· Nice to have:
Understanding of iManage WorkSite, AutoSys, Control-M.
Prior experience in working in agile teams
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.