As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You’ll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You’ll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what’s being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you’ll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming languages Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
The CCEM Technology team in India owns various work streams for a wide range of ‘Macro’ products including Commodities, Currencies, and FX that deal with:
- Trade STP and lifecycle handling
- Intra day and end of day risk management
- Trade reporting and analytics
- Regulatory build outs (for meeting the regulatory demands of various regulators across the globe)
As the investment banking backdrop has undergone comprehensive changes over the past few years, the FX, Commodities & Currencies technology team in India works on building strategic & future proof technology solutions for our business that makes us the market leaders on the street.
The group is divided into multiple, highly skilled, agile teams. We adopt a follow the sun model driving global themes and agendas and embrace a continue delivery SDLC framework to reduce our time to market.
Athena is J.P. Morgan's cross-market risk management and trading system. It is currently used in our foreign exchange and commodities businesses, and is being rolled out more broadly across our fixed income businesses. Athena includes a globally replicated object-oriented database, a powerful dependency graph and a fully integrated stack across pricing, risk and trading tools. The code is a combination of Python, C++, and Java: C++ and Java for speed, and Python for flexibility and rapid but controlled releases. Athena is designed to pull developers close to the business to help increase revenues while improving operational processes and controls to reduce costs.
About the role
The position is for a strong developer in the CCEM India Tech team. Primarily, the candidate would be working on different trade STP and reporting build, enhancement and support requests .
- This is a critical area where throughput, performance and reliability are key elements. The successful candidate will be engaged throughout all stages of the SDLC including requirements analysis, design, development, testing and production rollout/support, and will be required to form key relationships with technical colleagues, business sponsors and other project stakeholders.
- The successful candidate would join a team that functions in an Agile environment. We require the candidate to be proactive and self-motivating technologist with a positive attitude and with excellent team-working, communication, analytical and problem solving skills.
Essential Technical Skills
- Very strong Object Oriented Programming and Design skills
- Good understanding of patterns and other technical design standards
- Familiarity with complex distributed systems and managing system inter-dependencies
- Python scripting with diverse knowledge of standard and 3rd party libraries for data analysis, xml processing, connectivity.
- Experience of Agile Methodologies
- Investment Bank or Financial services environment.
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with demanding sponsors and stakeholders
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to communicate accurately, concisely and effectively in a global organization.
- Experience of a project life-cycle, including breaking requirements down into technical deliverables and estimating the work required
- The ability to work under pressure within agreed timelines and to support multiple tasks in parallel
- Self-starter with proven ability to produce end results with minimal assistance
- Experience of working in Global teams.
Desirable Business Knowledge:
Fixed Income products (Derivatives/Securities)
Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with demanding sponsors and stakeholders
Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to communicate accurately, concisely and effectively in a global organisation.
Experience of a project life-cycle, including breaking requirements down into technical deliverables and estimating the work required
The ability to work under pressure within agreed timelines and to support multiple tasks in parallel
Self starter with proven ability to produce end results with minimal assistance
Experience of working in Global teams.
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
All internal moves will normally take place on the same grade and same salary. Salaries are reviewed annually in February. Exceptions to the rule regarding transfer on current salary may include a move between geographic locations.
©2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.