Director, Product Management – Security Monitoring & Analytics
Req #: 170113238_1
Job Category: Project Management
.Our Director of Product Management will focus on driving the overall strategy for the Security Monitoring and Analytics, focusing on the advancement of our strategies for rule-based alerting, behavior analytics and machine learning.
This is a career differentiating opportunity to drive strategic direction across the firm to detect malicious activity and provide for enabling solutions for JPMC customers within the perimeter to respond to the evolving threat landscape for one of the largest environments in the world.
At JPMC, the Security Monitoring security product is in charge of setting the strategy, getting buy-in across the organization, and being the drum beat for the execution engine. This includes:
• Lead complex and firmwide scale security monitoring efforts and product developments that work across business partners.
• Ensure integration with our other key product domains including Cloud, Network, Email, Endpoint and Application security.
Who You Are
As important as the objective skills and experience listed are, the below personal qualities are extremely important to helping JPMC achieve its full potential. These personal skills include:
• Highly entrepreneurial with a high level of energy, dedication and an unrelenting drive to succeed and win. Exudes confidence and will roll-up his/her sleeves to drive success.
• Able to get things done in a quick-paced environment.
• Be transparent and open around what doesn’t work and what does.
• Strong leadership and communication is a HUGE plus.
• High degree of integrity and trustworthiness.
• Strong sense of personal ownership and responsibility in accomplishing the organization’s goals.
What You Do
The below is a summarization of the key areas of focus. As JPMC is still an evolving company, the requirements may morph. We are looking for someone who is ready to take on a big challenge, someone who is able to come in and make a difference.
• Stay ahead of competitive and industry trends.
• Manage organization goals, business metrics, KPIs.
• Operate internal and external steering committees.
• Continuously assess product-market fit by regularly leading presentations and discussions with key stakeholders to improve the JPMC risk posture.
• Build, Communicate & Maintain an actionable plan & roadmap of Product capabilities.
• Drive active prioritization to ensure the right product at the right time.
• Engage with executive stakeholders to obtain buy-in and raise escalations.
• Deliver requirements at feature-level for consumption and breakdown by other members of the product team.
• Ensure consistency & long-term maintainability in product solution across People (organization), Process and Platform.
• Ensure the book of work incorporates deliverables to support operating model & process efficiencies & standardization.
• Coordinate Global Cybersecurity wide investment planning activities & oversee vendor engagements.
• Manage dependencies within and outside of Security Monitoring product.
• Work collaboratively with key stakeholders to set a Product vision to achieve business goals and maximize value through residual risk reduction.
• Use subject matter expertise, awareness of product positioning and relevance to evolving threat landscape.
• Operates in a customer centric mode & leverage Risk methodologies to translate the needs of the business and its customers into product strategy.
• Identify & assess opportunities and ensure the creation of a product definition that is both compelling & achievable.
• Ensure policy & standards and any regulatory change is captured as required.
• Drive delivery & ensure measurement & tracking of business value & residual risk over product lifecycle
• Ensure integrity & discipline to project approach across business case, planning, execution, reporting & measurement.
• Pro-active revalidation as circumstances change & ensuring product deliverables are fully aligned to any evolutions of business strategy and/or threat landscape.
• Leadership & influence to ensure complete front to back delivery, with coordination across key cyber and business teams (Tech, Ops, Standards, etc).
• Provide financial oversight of budgets to ensure initiative expense remains in line with the product priority & strategy.
• Capture & continuously incorporate feedback & ensure excellence in communication.
• Develop & maintain strong relationships, persuade with facts, logic, enthusiasm and a proven delivery track record.
• Passionate about 'user' experience & is the voice of the user inside the business.
• Be a point of escalation
• Ensure frequent & relevant communication & marketing of our platform, capability changes & developments to Global Cybersecurity & wider business stake holders.
• Evangelize the Product & ensure key Content is readily available to key stakeholders & users in channel most effective to them
• 10+ years of progressive experience in a plan, build and/or operation role within information technology.
• Ability to work collaboratively & translate business and user requirements in to technology and architecture plans
• Proven experience driving roadmaps, product overviews, reporting, backlog and documentation for enterprise technology solutions.
• Security Operations Center (SOC) hands-on operations experience
• Knowledge of the latest security and intelligence trends
• Strong influence and negotiating skills, and the ability to overcome barriers and resistance to execute against strategic plans
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills at all levels of a large enterprise organization.
• Experience in management consulting or internal consulting
• Ability and willingness to learn new technologies in a rapidly changing environment
• Experience working both independently and in a virtual, collaborative environment is essential.
• Experience with compliance standards/programs (FISMA, PCI, NIST) is a plus
• Experience with industry recognized SIEM solutions such as ArcSight, Splunk, QRadar, LogRhythm, Nitro, AlienVault, etc. is preferred
• Experience with reporting and business intelligence tools such as QlikView, Tableau, etc. is a plus
• Experience with big data platforms such as Hadoop, Cassandra and stream processing technologies such as Spark is a plus
• Experience with statistical and machine learning models and their application to the security domain is a plus
• Active professional security certifications (e.g., CISSP or other industry qualification) preferred
Perks at JPMC
We hire good people and take care of them. Whether it’s your favorite coconut water in the fridge or an office-wide chili cook-off, JPMC believes in fostering an environment where employees don’t just come to work hard but play hard. We host beer and pizza nights to solve tough problems and ensure teams get time to blow off steam.
Keep learning. JPMC offers regular Tech Talks that promote an environment for people to grow outside of their job title. In addition, we promote a continued education budget for each of our employees to grow and improve in tandem with the company.
Our employees are creative, excited, and above all a team. JPMC is one of the largest banks in the world and we make sure to hire only the best of the best. Better yet, every employee is passionate about the company and our mission. (Can you blame us?) When you put that passion in a collaborative setting it unites everyone as a team.
Fighting criminals is in the job description. No matter which facet of JPMC you want to work for, we are all working towards the same goal-- making sure the bad guys don’t win.