The Consumer & Community Banking (CCB) Control Team’s primary function is to implement an effective control framework across the CCB organization, looking within and across the lines of business, to identify and remediate control issues with a sense of urgency regardless of the source. The Team partners with all other control disciplines, adding an additional line of defense supporting Compliance, Risk and Audit, among others. The Team works in partnership on the development of new, and oversight of existing, control functions and protocols throughout the Firm and provides a centralized view of and from all control functions, assisting in immediate, real time problem detection and escalation.
Third Party Oversight continues to be an area garnering significant regulatory oversight and interest. As such, the CCB Third Party Controls Team’s primary function is to support CCB LOB functions from a vendor control standpoint and serve as a resource to respond to the various vendor management requests received from internal and external parties. The team works with the Corporate Third Party Oversight program and the CCB Line of Business to ensure adherence to policy and consistent documentation of vendor controls across CCB. The team also partners with various other risk and control partners, adding an additional line of defense supporting Compliance, Credit / Operational Risk, Legal and Audit.
· Lead a team of Control Officers who collaborate with business owners to ensure risks are properly identified and controls are in place to mitigate risk and minimize financial, regulatory, and reputational exposure while maximizing customer and shareholder value.
· Support the Third Party Oversight process from a control standpoint through identification of trends and patterns, facilitate consistency and accuracy of responses, and streamline processes through better control and reduced redundancy
· Interact with senior management and Business leaders, including other Controls counterparts, requiring a strong knowledge and demonstrated experience in controls and issues management, process improvement, and audit best practices.
· Develop, implement, and maintain TPC framework / standards, and provide oversight on compliance with RCSA; and provide SME collaboration with business units and corporate functions to implement and maintain required control management practices.
· Partner with CCB Central Controls teams and business partners across CCB Sub-LOBs to develop and drive implementation of Risk & Control strategies for third party Processing with in the Line of Business and / or business functions
· Identify opportunities for greater consistency across Third Party Risk & Control Assessment (RCSA) processes, ensuring appropriate use of risks and controls across the organization and identifying opportunities for simplification
· Provide ongoing recommendations for improvements by incorporating emerging, key business risks
· Partner with colleagues to help drive a culture of risk awareness and proactive risk identification and assessment
· Provide subject matter expertise/training to other risk disciplines, business units, and corporate functions to support compliance with framework components
· Communicate / report line of business third party processing inventory, vendor, and program health, and drive improvements with in the businesses supported.
· Work with businesses to address supplier remediation and manage associated Issue and Action Plans to closure
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
· Minimum 7 years experience in financial services industry with background in controls, audit, quality assurance, risk management, or compliance required; or equivalent subject matter expertise in a relevant business related function/operation
· Understanding of control and risk management concepts with the ability to evaluate adequacy of the business control environment
· Experience with control processes, regulatory programs, audit, and compliance processes, including RCSA, and issue management.
· Ability to translate regulatory requirements into business control processes and implement best practices
· Ability to present and interact with Regulators and other external and internal exam partners
· Proven interpersonal effectiveness and ability to collaborate and work well with all levels of management and across organization
· Excellent written and verbal communication and leadership skills; ability to present concise findings in a persuasive manner
· Knowledge of the Third Party Management
· Self-motivated with a high level of personal initiative, ownership, sound business judgment / objectivity, and accountability
· Flexible and creative thinker with attention to detail, organizational skills, analytical and documentation skills
· Results oriented/self-motivator with strong Project/Program management and execution skills
· Strong leader, communicator and manager / coach, effective at influencing, negotiation & relationship skills
· Collaborative team player with strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
· Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), SharePoint and FORCE
· Flexible, adaptable to shifting priorities; able to work in a fast-paced, results driven environment with minimal supervision
· Ability to manage multiple assignments and meet tight deadlines within a team environment
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.