Wealth Management - Quality Assurance Analyst
Req #: 170113177
Job Category: Asset Management
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
The Quality Assurance (QA) team conducts reviews of the Mortgage Operations processes within Wealth Management Private Bank. The QA review is performed to validate the effectiveness of controls and applicable processes as well as to ensure adherence to policies, procedures, and regulations, where applicable.
The Quality Analyst will complete a forensic review of overall loan documentation, including but not limited to the application, appraisal, income, assets, credit, title, legal documents. The analyst will work independently to underwrite and analyze the Capacity, Credit, Condition, and Integrity of the loan to identify gaps, non-compliance, or inconsistencies and assist with determining materiality along with communicating risk within the process or portfolio. Results are documented within a Quality database for reporting purposes. The analyst will also help create best practices and solutions for process and policy enhancements.
- BA/BS in Business, finance or accounting, preferred.
- Excellent communication, organizational, analytical, and decision making skills.
- Self-motivated, self-sufficient and independent worker with ability to take initiative, set goals, and meet objectives while being a positive team member.
- Strong attention to detail and able to work with a sense of urgency.
- Flexibility and ability to work in a fast-paced environment where priorities can shift rapidly.
- Ability to deal with highly confidential information in a professional manner.
- Minimum 2 years prior Mortgage Underwriting experience or 2 years quality reviewer experience with exposure to Mortgage Underwriting concepts, preferred.
- Knowledge of mortgage operations, preferred.
- Experience with Operational tools and applications: LOS, Deal Works, CMAO, Customer Assist, ICRD and Quality Database, preferred.
- Required to complete the Underwriting new hire training including required assessments.