J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
The Training and Quality position in the annuity operations team is assigned for a variety of responsibilities related to developing, implementing and administering programs around quality control, quality assurance, and ongoing training. This team will also have accountability for maintaining the accuracy and integrity of the information used by financial advisors, operations personnel, supervision, compliance, product and broker services, including the good order matrix, procedures, Q&A documents and compliance memos. They will also be the primary support to the broker service center as the escalation point for complex or advanced questions regarding annuity, life insurance, 529 programs or fund direct transactions. The team will need to manage project tasks to accomplish the objectives and obtain the proper review and sign off by the required internal regulatory teams and according to Chase/CISC procedures. Additionally they will work directly with annuity carriers and 529 fund companies to ensure the accuracy of information. Duties are split into four main areas, Training, Quality, Information Integrity, Broker Support:
- Create, implement, administer and monitor training programs and curriculum to support the annuity operation functions including all phases of delivery—design, communications, assessment, post program activities.
- Design dept-wide Learning Paths and ensure training offerings are aligned with annuity competencies
- Conduct Needs Assessments informally or formally through discussions with staff, evaluation of production scorecards and management assessments to assist operations personnel in obtaining needed training/information sessions
- Identify new training opportunities by reviewing error log, quality control error trends and reports to help pinpoint consistent issues to be addressed by education or system enhancements
- Design, deliver and/or facilitate annuity operations new hire and cross training programs for relevant audiences. Significant input on content and structuring with ability to modify as appropriate to meet the needs of the business.
- Establish training program objectives and evaluate effectiveness of training delivered against program objectives
- Partner with Management Staff to ensure mandatory compliance, corporate and regulatory training offerings are completed as required. Report on delinquencies, work with team coordinator to manage.
- Create, implement, administer and monitor quality control and quality assurance programs to support the annuity operation functions including review of all new transactions submitted by the FA’s, review of pending transaction to confirm accuracy of pend status, and associated reporting on errors found
- Manage the process of recording issues/errors and delivering the appropriate information to the management team for coaching delivery
- Help develop analytics around the program to demonstrate effectiveness
- Coordinate with key partners (i.e. Legal, Product, Risk, Supervision, Compliance, etc.) to ensure that the quality program meets the needs of the business as well as complies with internal and external audit/regulatory reviews
- Directs root cause analysis based on NIGO reporting review and provides reporting on how to address ongoing issues
- Serves as high-level point of contact to operations personnel and key partners and demonstrates strong product knowledge
- Set up tests to ensure processors are following established procedures
- Creates a robust program to review procedures, job aides (including GO Matrix, SSRG), QRG and advisor facing material to ensure that it is current, valid and complies with compliance, carrier and Chase requirements
- Reviews new or modified products, including requirements documentation, carrier and product materials, to determine if program will perform according to user request and conform to Chase guidelines.
- Accountable for new procedures, updates to existing procedures/processes and for gaining the proper approvals of that documentation for posting to the intranet site.
- Develops and maintains a tracking history of all procedures and the audit tracking log around the review of those procedures identify program processing errors.
- Provides primary back up support to Broker Service call center for escalated calls related to annuity, 529, fund direct or life insurance business
- Assists in resolving complex or detailed requests
- Manages and maintains adherence to privacy and audit guidelines related to validating call identify