J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
Wealth Management (WM) is part of the Asset & Wealth Management business segment. It has offered for over 160 years customized solutions and client service of the highest quality to solve the complex needs of wealthy individuals and their families around the world. With assets under management of $1.25 trillion, it is one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
The Closing Team reports into Private Banking (PB) Credit Middle Office. The Team is responsible for ensuring that credit requests from the Business are fully understood, the correct information is gathered for analysis, the correct information is sent to Clients per regulatory guidelines, legal documentation is correctly prepared for Client closings and Client closings are coordinated effectively. The functions performed by this team are critical to protecting the bank from regulatory and credit risks.
The analyst will be part of a team with the following responsibilities across the PB domestic portfolio:
• Review and understand credit requests.
• Ensure client reference data is correct in corporate Credit Risk Infrastructure (CRI). Ensure all systems are accurate and updated in order to support the request lifecycle.
• Review and understand agreement terms post analysis and credit approval.
• Prepare the legal documentation closing package and complete the process.
• Thorough understanding of real estate documents, UCC searches, equipment evaluations, and stock verifications; commercial and residential real estate regulatory requirements, valuation methods, and lien perfections; legal documentation and credit policies and guidelines will be required to effectively deliver an accurate closing package. Understanding of loan sales and the underwriting process will also be required.
Manage initiatives to resolve control gaps and enhance current processes for further efficiency and effectiveness as needed.
• Overtime may be required as determined by business.
• The analyst will work very closely with Lenders, Compliance, Legal, Credit, and external vendors to manage, legal documentation and closing activities for credit requests.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Strong relationship management and interpersonal skill, especially with Business partners.
- Strong communication skills to various levels within the organization.
- Ability to review processes and recommend process improvements.
- Strong understanding of controls and their importance across process lifecycle.
- Strong creative problem solving
- Strong influencing and change management
- Strong teamwork
- Strong individual initiative
- Intermediate Office skills, especially Excel and Powerpoint
- Solid understanding of legal documentation, and/or closing activities within the credit lifecycle
- Knowledge of bank systems and loan/credit operations a plus
- Strong data analysis skills
- Fluent in Spanish or Portuguese preferred