JP Morgan Chase
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
Our Firmwide Risk Function
Our Firmwide Risk function is focused on cultivating a stronger, unified culture that embraces a sense of personal accountability for developing the highest corporate standards in governance and controls across the firm. Business priorities are built around the need to strengthen and guard the firm from the many risks we face, financial rigor, risk discipline, fostering a transparent culture and doing the right thing in every situation. We are equally focused on nurturing talent, respecting the diverse experiences that our team of Risk professionals bring and embracing an inclusive environment.
Chase Consumer & Community Banking (CCB) serves consumers and small businesses with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, small business banking and lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. Consumer & Community Banking Risk Management partners with each CCB sub-line of business to identify, assess, prioritize and remediate risk. Types of risk that occur in consumer businesses include fraud, reputation, operational, credit, market and regulatory, among others
The Small Business Lending Portfolio Risk Management team supports the business by providing pertinent and timely analysis regarding account management strategies and communicating success metrics and trends to senior management. As such, the team operates in close cooperation with other functional areas within Chase for Business and the Risk Management organization.
The candidate will be responsible for analyzing and quantifying risk based portfolio management strategies, managing through implementation of the strategy, and ongoing monitoring to optimize profitability. This will be accomplished through an understanding of risk analytic techniques, the data required, and a strong working relationship with individuals within Risk Management and others around the organization. Products within our purview include working capital lines, term debt, and business credit cards.
- Generate thoughtful analytics & recommendations concerning account management including strategy development, implementation, operational controls, and performance monitoring
- Develop & maintain periodic MIS to ensure management has full insight into emerging trends and the quality of the portfolio
- Attain a detailed understanding of key portfolio performance metrics and profitability drivers enabling the delivery of insights to management encompassing the full account lifecycle
- Acquire an understanding of the operational processes (e.g. underwriting, collections) which will aid in understanding portfolio performance drivers
- Conduct ad hoc analytics and contribute to various projects representing Risk Management